Saturday, January 23, 2010

Love is....

Remember the day's blessings,
forget the day's troubles.
- Early American proverb

Love is...having the best sister-in-law. We went for a trip to the city yesterday to do some wonderful shopping and decided to drop in on Lee, my sister-in-law. After some discussion it was decided that Lee and I would go to a material shop! and I could select my birthday present. And look what I came home with.....

Now I'm just showing off. I have spread out all the lovely material to share with you. There are so many pretty patterns on these quarters. I love them all.

After being spoiled rotten in that shop we went over to Spotlight and sadly Lee had to go to a prior engagement, so we bid our farewells and I was left all alone in Spotlight. It broke my heart to have to be in a material shop alone. I wasn't there too long though before Pixie and Cory tracked me down. It's always a worry when the boys are with me, because they will find something to buy as well...drats. But I did find some more material.....

The floral material will become a skirt and the dark material is almost a dress already. They will be lovely and cool for when I go back to work.

How do you like these lovely tins? When we first got to Lee's house she said I have something for you and out popped these little treasures.

I just love them and I am looking around the kitchen for just the right spot to put them. My little kitchen is filling up, so I am always making sure that things don't get too cluttered.

As I was saying that my boys find things to buy in Spotlight, Pixie spotted some beer glasses that he had to get for his friend Paul & himself to share, and he also found me a kettle. How bright is that kettle! I always know where the kettle is, but I won't lose this one.


Today Cory and I went out for a drive to see my niece Lisa, who is a sweetie pie and her two boys. Her boys are so funny, one loving safari animals and has a fantastic collection, and the other is Thomas the tank engine mad. It's hysterical to watch them play with their toys, all while watching Toy story. The first round of tea was enjoyed sitting out the front on a lovely new outdoor setting. The seating is so comfortable with a beautiful breeze coming through. Then off inside for cup of tea number 2 and a lovely time with the boys.

Now I am going to have to attack the washing that hasn't managed to disappear on it's own. Funny that. Never mind if I get that done now, I can keep sewing my dress and skirt. Kind regards, Anita. 

6 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

How lovely to be able to pick your own fabric gift! There are some beautiful fabrics there. Have you decided what you are going to make with them?

Vickie said...

woo wow girl I am gobsmacked at it all..lovely fabrics and loverly items,well done..so sad you had too be in spotlight alone eh?Cheers vickie

Cath Ü said...

That is some gorgeous fabric you have there... I can't wait to see what you make from it.... Hey hubby and I are going to Spotlight tomorrow... car will be in being repaired and guess what ...repair shop is right near Spotlight.... LOL

Love the tins too...
Cath Ü

Cubby House Crafts said...

Just love your fat quarter fabrics

Bev C said...

Lovely fat quarters,can't wait to see what you make with them Anita, check out my blog I have just past an award onto you. Happy days.

em's scrapbag said...

A dear sister in law in deed. Love your new fabrics and the biscut tin is a favorite.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...