Sunday, January 3, 2010

Busy days ahead

Heaven is under our feet
as well as above our heads.
-Henry David Thoreau

I've been having the best few days, the holidays are making me forget what day I'm even on or even worse, I'm struggling to remember what the date is. Not heard of for me. What's going on? Too much fun perhaps. Santa brought Cory a Yahtzee game for Christmas and yesterday we had a few games. My little minx threw 2 yahtzee's and flogged me at the game....um....maybe that game will have to be hidden away. When I finish my posting shortly, the challenge will be on again. Wish me luck.

In some of my spare time I have made some pretend cakes. Darling Cath sent me a great pattern for cupcakes, and they were fun to make.

The cupcake is made out of felt and I stitched some beads on top for hundreds and thousands. I even knitted some swiss rolls and a piece of cake to go with it. I do find it difficult to just chuck things away because that little piece of something could come in handy one day. Hey, that's what Pixie says when he's cleaning out his shed! Oh well that's what happens when you live with someone for so long, you sound the same.

I better stop looking at those cakes, it's making me a bit peckish. Mr Pig had to join in the photo. The green material in the back ground was given to me at Christmas time and I do believe it is going to turn into a gift for Heather. I went to visit Heather yesterday, full of mischief as usual.  I've been reading like mad lately as well. The first book 'Every life a picture' was such a good read, I couldn't put it down.
 

It is Australian history but if you are interested in how women coped in yesteryear, the story is universal indeed. Another book along the same sort of line is 'Saddle in the kitchen'. I am only a little way through this book but I can't put it down.
 

I love all the old stuff and talking about old stuff, on Cath's blog there are some photo's of an old sewing box her clever husband restored. Well my Dad was the same. He would come home with this really junky looking piece of furniture and restore it to absolute beauty. The photo of this cupboard is the finished product of such junk.

Dad brought this home in about twenty pieces, none that looked nice or even if it would able to be put together. After several weeks this stunning cupboard formed. My photography probably hasn't done it the justice it deserves, but it is truly lovely. The left hand side is hanging space, and the right hand side has shelves, solid and good.

A few weeks ago Bev caught me sneaking into the craft shop. You could look at it the other way as well, I caught her. We were both after hangers.

Just as well there were enough hangers in the craft shop, what could have happened otherwise! I will use them on small mini wall hangings that I am going to make.

The next few days will be busy for me. I am going to visit my niece Lisa and her two adorable boys; Heather will be having her birthday in a few days time, so will visit her; my long time friend Dianne will be visiting us on Wednesday and on Thursday my little tribe will be going to Perth to visit a great kitchen shop and also hopefully catch up with my sister-in-law Lee as we haven't been able to exchange Christmas gifts yet. Looks like the craft of choice will be knitting as night time, because I might be a bit busy to sew.

Have to get going now for this game of Yahtzee, I can here Cory shaking the dice to stir me up. All the best and kind regards, Anita.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

oh my goodness I have not heard of yahtzee for years..I used to have fun playing that with my chidlings...as to those cakes I think you have to much spare time on your hands..well done..hmm now about keeping stuffs,it's scary how we can catch the disease eh?cheers Vickie

Micki said...

I love all of the things that you made! We have a wardrobe just like that one.Enjoy your New Year!
Micki

Bev C said...

Hello Anita,love those calorie free cakes. Talking about not knowing what day it is. I got up this morning and turned the sprinklers on. After about half and hour I realised it wasn't our day. I thought it was Wednesday,it felt like a Wednesday!!!!

Cath Ü said...

hey while cleaning out a cupboard I found a small plastic Yahtzee game... we had a home made we we used to play all the time when our kids were small...... glad to see the cupcake pattern came to good use....
Cath Ü

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...