Thursday, November 26, 2009

Lyn's Cup Stack

There is no medicine like hope, no incentive
so great, and no tonic so powerful as the
expectation of tomorrow.
- Orison Swett Marden

I've been having the best time lately making gifts for my workmates. My photo below is for Lyn, who by the way doesn't know about my blog. Hehe! Lyn is a lovely lady I work with and has been such a support to me in my first year at this job. Her office is next to my library and I notice when I go into to drop something off at her desk, often there will be a bit of a collection of cups!



Needless to say that when I saw this pattern somewhere, I made a free hand copy and stitched like made. Laughing all the while. When I hand over the present I'm going to tell her my alter ego Devilina made me do it.
 



The only part of this wall hanging I purchased was the decorative hook. It cost me a whole $1.20.



 I have been busy making other things as well. This next mini hanging is going somewhere, not sure where to, but it will find a home. I found the pattern in an older edition of Homespun. I had to use some material that Heather had given me, and they went well together, so it turned out lovely. I enjoyed making that.

I just love that cheeky face



A little while ago I saw a pattern for an sewing machine apron and determined I was going to make one. Well it went down sista! I couldn't help it.
 



 Once again I didn't purchase anything to make this little number, just bits out of the cupboard. I hope I'm coming across as a thrifty and frugal person. It's just a ploy to empty my cupboards out a bit, and show my husband and then sook sook so I can buy some more material!!!



This will actually go to Heather as part of a chrissy present. The great thing about having a friend that is not connected onto the internet is that they can't look on the computer and find out what they're getting. Ha Ha Heather. I love that girl to bits. The pattern for the sewing apron is in Handmade Vol 27. No.5.



Phew I've been busy! I managed to get my hands on a couple of chicken scratch books and had a go at it. I love the craft it is very relaxing. I didn't have any white embroidery thread so I just used some thin cotton thread. The white work is a bit stiff and the circles are a bit square. But I imagined how it would look if I'd used the right stuff and the white squares would have looked like circles. When I do a proper copy it's going to look lovely. Have a go at chicken scratch. 

Talking about chickens, I love my new chooks so much I have ordered another 10 of the little champions. Can't wait until 7th December, that is pick up date. I better go now because I've gone on like the brook today. Have a special night and catch you all soon. Kind regards, Anita.


3 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Anita, You have been a busy little chicken. I know where to go to get a replacement chicken, one of ours went to God the other day. Thankfully it was the one that ate its own eggs each time it laid one. Have a great weekend.

Cath Ü said...

Thanks for posting the chicken scratch pic... I do so love it...... love the sewing machine mat you made as well..... I am going to design one too....Love the T Cup stack as well... you have been busy... I must upload the pics of the dolls I finished yesterday on my blog as well....but not the little extra I have made to go in your package...LOL

Cath Ü

Vickie said...

oh wow them teacups are quirky I love them and the teapot fabric just makes it-well done Anita...
your sewing machine mat looks very formal indeed I might even get a chance to make myself one during the christmas break,cheers Vickie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...