Sunday, October 11, 2009

Kind comments, happy heart

Hello to everyone! Thanks for the encouraging comments some lovely people sent to me. Being so computer illiterate, I need all the encouragement I can get. It will be good for me to have a go and experiment.

One more lovely day and I'm back to work. I have enjoyed my school holidays with my three darlings and we've had a lovely spot of warm weather....today is not one of those warm weather days, but that's alright. How colourful is my front yard? I just love sitting in the front yard with my hot cup of tea and looking at all the colour. It is nice taking time to appreciate all the small things that we sometimes don't see.

Yesterday I made some lovely Mini Zucchini Bites, we love them. I have the recipe below and one of the best things invented was the silicon baking trays. All the splatter that has happened on this batch just fell off when I washed the tray. They taste really nice, give them a try.

Mini Zucchine Bites.

1 envelope Golden soup mix (I used Spring Veg soup)
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
4 eggs
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tblsp parmesan cheese
3/4 teaspoon basil
1 - 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini

Mix all ingredients together
Spoon mixture into well greased mini muffins tins or silicon trays
350 F for 20 minutes
Makes 24. Freezes well.
Enjoy!

When I go back to work tomorrow, I will be taking some companions with me. I made this lovely purple caterpilla and rabbit. I remember seeing this made in a book somewhere years ago but as I have no pattern, I just made it up as I went along. I collected 3 large milo tins, wrapped some wadding around it and covered it with some corduroy and buttons. All the segments are joined by drilling holes in the tins and running a length a rope through them. the rabbit is knitted and I do have a pattern for that. They will find a nice home somewhere in my school library. I love the joy the toys bring to the children.



What a happy face!


I best be off now to finish my christmas doll that I just had to make! She is looking beautiful. See you all soon and have a great day. Kind regards, Anita



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Anita , lovely to meet you ! I've written your recipe down and I will be trying it soon , thanks very much .

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...