Sunday, November 21, 2021

๐ŸŒฟLive in the sunshine,
swim in the sea,
drink the wild air.๐Ÿ€
-Ralph Waldo Emerson 
Buongiorno ๐Ÿ’•  I welcome you warmly to my post this morning, as you can see I have been busy this week with my knitting and crocheting. I thought I would be greedy and do both. ๐Ÿ˜‚
 
I kicked off with knitting some cute little baby boots and then it snow balled from there. I noticed that Heather the feather and I had started to run low on baby boots, woolly hats, and cardigans, to we had to remedy that problem. lol

Once the boots were made then came the cardigan to go with it. People love buying sets. Having Italian blood running through my veins, I will try my luck with things, so my baby set is knitting and crochet mixed together.
Check out this edging. It is a picot edge.

The end result.
Talking about sets.......here is another one. This lacy set has been knitted in a cotton yarn, all ready for summer wear. I have discovered something interesting while making this set. 
 
The pattern is a vintage pattern. So when the top was completed, and made up so nicely, I decided to continue on with the pilchers. To my surprise the pilchers started to look a little big for me. I continued on regardless, and when I'd finished stitching them up.....๐Ÿ˜…...I realised the pilchers were big because in the olden days there were such things as cloth nappies!! The disposable nappies these days are much smaller than cloth. I will be mindful of this next time I want to knit up a vintage pattern.


I loved the crocheted top so much that I made it again in pink tones. This is an unusual crochet pattern and I do believe it has become a favourite for me. I still need to add the little tie but it's a bit of an effort for me as I am with stitching buttons on to things. lol

A bit of an update on my little babies in the garden. There are two little chicks in the nest still but I didn't want to disturb them to get a photo of both. Milo hasn't been able to get to them as I have barricaded the area to keep him out.
 My week was full of activity too. I absolutely love the boxing and my boxing partner Raewyn is becoming very strong with her punching.
My group of hikers have completed the Kep Track. We did the last 20km last Sunday and, though the day was 34C, the wind came along with us. The hike was such a great idea, and the lady standing behind me is to be congratulated for organising the event.
 
We all learned about each other, learned about hiking, nature and the discoveries and laughter along the way was priceless. So good for our bodies and mental health. Thank you ladies. ๐Ÿ˜˜
I now leave you to get on to those jobs that need doing and before the heat marches in. Enjoy your weekend.
Ciao, Anita.

2 comments:

Karen S said...

Lovely work with the yarn. There are obviously lots of babies arriving if you are running out.

Maria said...

Cute baby booties and cardis..
Yes we did use normal cloth nappies which were bulky….
Sweet little baby bird in that nest….

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...