Sunday, January 5, 2020


If it's colour you want!!!!
💝💛💜💙💚💞


Buongiorno a tutti! Good morning everyone 💫💫 Welcome to 2020, a new year full of hope and dreams.  My year is starting off with colour exploding onto my blog and into my world. During the couple of weeks holidays that I've enjoyed so far, I have been thinking and planning for my future pathway with the markets. 

I noticed last year that my projects were heading in a particular direction, but I wasn't quite sure where things were heading. I have realized now that I'm very much into the 'Boho' style and I was helped to this conclusion by the comments people were making when they came to our stall. They were going for the splash of bold and bright coloured items, so I've listened to their comments. If it's colour they want, then that's what they'll get.


 As it is it our summer here, people message me and ask how I can stand to knit or crochet in the hot weather. The answer is easy....I just can. There is hardly ever a time when I don't keep going, I enjoy my craft too much and it is very relaxing for my soul. Our markets reopen in February so this is the time when I stock up on winter gear and I can tell you...that when winter is upon us the orders come in very fast. So I don't get to try out projects of my own choice.

Below is a collection for cute beanies and a great big splash of colour and they will bring joy to someone who will love them. I don't wear beanies myself but I love seeing them on people.
Do you love this neck warmer? My toes curled up with delight when I stitched the last end in and held it up.😊💖
 Now to continue with Boho style. Boho is a hippie influence ; layers of clothing ; colour; a touch of fringe and casual smart. I found this free pattern on the net and the thought came across my mind.....can I make this ; am I good enough at crochet to try the pattern? Well, of course I can, anything is possible if we give ourselves some credit. 
The pattern consisted of 7 crocheted blocks, some crochet around the whole piece of work and a button. (I hated sewing up and stitching on the button) 😂😂😂😂😂
                                                           🍑 🍏 🍇 🍋 🍒 🍐 🍓 🍏 🍍

I can't wait to cook from this book, there are so many wonderful recipes in here. My son's girlfriend Emma gave this to me at Christmas time and I love it so much.


I would love to show everyone the new side fence and gate my husband built for me. He is an excellent welder and he's done a marvelous job on the whole construction. I am so pleased with the outcome and I think my husband did an extra good job on this just to get in the good books with me, or perhaps he hopes he can get out of doing his chores....not going to happen my friend. 


 

These beautiful people
Many years ago I decided to only surround myself with positive, kind, happy people. It was the best decision of my life. 🎠


For Elisa and Federica...

                                                               the plant still grows.
My two Italian friends bought me this plant several years ago now, and it still grows. I think of them both every day as I water and I miss their laughter and seeing them each day at work.the plant still grows. My two Italian friends bought me this plant several years ago now, and it still grows. I think of them both every day as I water and I miss their laughter and seeing them each day at work.

 I have treated myself to a new bougainvillea plant. I have two growing in my Italian style garden at the back of the house, and it grows up in one single stem instead of wild and bushy. I got this idea after traveling around Italy. I will do the same for my new purchase at the front. I will show as it grows.

 I am resting my body today because it was given a big work out at the gym last week. I think it was a pay back for the Train the trainer circuit that we made our instructors do.
I forgot to show you all the outfits I made for this occasion.  4 pirate costumes, for each of our victims...I mean....our instructors. I hand stitched each skull and cross bones on these vests, made all the skirts, vests, bandanas and necklaces for this event. 

Rhiannon, Kosta, Karley and Maddie....thank you for all you have given me.💖



The one time in the year where the group gets to punish the instructors, so we plan out a circuit for them to complete and we teach them 'humility' by dressing them up. lol The circuit consisted of bear crawling across the beam, monkey bars, jumping on the boxes and the worst thing of all....running laps around the building.  They were awesome!!!!


The Gang

Now my beautiful friends, I go to start my day. It is going to be one of those days spent doing a little bit of work, and a little bit of pleasure.
Ciao, Anita.

3 comments:

Kim said...

One can never have too much colour in one's life, can one. Love all your happy and colourful makes, Anita. My goodness, you certainly take the notch up a bit with your workouts at the gym. What a fun looking gang you have gathered together, there. It sounds as if you are enjoying your holidays to the hilt.

Karen S said...

Love seeing all the colour in your projects. I can imagine how wonderful your market stand will look when these all go on display.
Of course you can make anything in crochet! I have every confidence in you.
The gate looks quite flash. and very sturdy.
More mischief at the gym, I see!

Verbena said...

Sempre belli e colorati i tuoi lavori.
Spero che i terribili incendi non siano arrivati dalle tue parti.
Buona settimana, Anita.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...