Sunday, January 26, 2020



The best time to make friends is before you need them. 💖
Good morning my friends 🌹 How lovely you can join me and I would love to share my creations with you. We are expecting a mighty hot day today but that will not stop me from crocheting this afternoon. Actually I have been very busy over the summer doing crochet and knitting projects.

Here is a blast of colour to start our journey. Living in my sewing shed are boxes of small lengths of yarn, all just waiting to become some incredible and exciting creation.🎉 

A little girls poncho just shouting with colour!!! The top section of the poncho is made using blocks of granny squares, then surrounded with rows of double crochet and finished with an amazing edging that makes it pop.



That edging!!!! 💖

If you are interested in this edging, click here for the link. 

As I sat in my lounge room at 9.10pm on a hot summer night, having finished my project, and about to turn into an evil grumpy witch...because I have no project to do....I decided very quickly to knit another pair of pretty baby hug boots. 

I had made a couple of neutral toned hug boots, so, just as well that I needed a girl pair as well. Making these saved me from casting spells and bossing my husband around, especially at that hour of night, and I'm very capable of that you know.  You people know how it is....😂😂😂.
For the pattern to make these cute hug boots, click here

I have really enjoyed my holidays and with the determination to stock up for this coming winter markets, I have been very successful. Here is the new collection of messy bun hats all ready for the markets.
As there is a demand for jug covers, a little collection of these are also building up.

One of the nicest things I have done on these holidays is to catch up with friends. Chris decided to bring Miss Panda with her while we had one of our morning tea catch ups. We are so mature and Miss Panda ate all the cake, not us.
A while back I saw on the Internet how people were cutting up lengths of yarn and hanging them in their trees for the birds to use for nests.  Then there was a big debate about only using plain tones because birds won't use bright colours for nest making.

I was a bit confused and sad because I had already cut up every left over bit of yarn and hung it in the trees already. I decided to just leave them there and maybe take it down at a later date. Well my old brain completely forgot about them until......
How amazing are birds?
The wind blew this out of the tree and I was happy to see that the chicks had already grown up and flown away.
Remembering Fred.
I miss Fred and I finally found this photo I had taken of her ages ago. I am not surprised I miss her so much, she was with me for over 30 years. I won't be getting any more birds now, but I still have 6 cockatiels.
Well lovely ones, I am off to do some quick watering before our temperatures hit the roof around here. We are expecting 40C today and it doesn't take long to reach that figure. I wish you all a beautiful day and stay happy.

Ciao, Anita.
















2 comments:

Karen S said...

Lovely work with all the crochet and knitting you have done. The poncho is a lot of colourful fun and I do like the hug boots!!
Isn't it interesting to see the jug covers come back into fashion. Makes a lot of sense to use them with our wasp population.(And other bugs.)
Love the photo of the nest. It looks so snug on the inside.
Hope you managed to stay cool!

sinforosa c said...

Sono capitata per caso sul tuo bel blog che ho osservato qua e là. Vedo che sei molto abile nel lavori all’uncinetto, complimenti. Mi piace anche il tuo pappagallino, se ho ben capito non c’è più, ho perso qualche settimana fa un canarino che era con me da cinque anni e l’anno scorso ho perso il mio micio che era con me da vent’anni, quindi capisco quanto possa mancarti il tuo amico piumato. Ciao e buona notte.
sinforosa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...