Sunday, December 1, 2019


Noi non potero avere perfetta vita senza amici
We could not have perfect life without friends.


Hello there beautiful friends! I have missed you all these last few weeks. The time ticks by very quickly and often, before we realise it. Here in Western Australia, as throughout all of Australia, we are dealing with the heat that beats down on us with force. I know my friends in Italy are experiencing the extreme opposite, with flooding, I send you my prayers and love.

Still, the weather does not stop me from my dearest hobbies, and the knitting needles and crochet hook are moving fast. I found a sweet little pattern for a pair of baby ugg boots. They are made using straight needles and 8 ply yarn. No need to fuss while you're making these, they are so simple and so cute.

I met an interesting lady who has opened a clothing & shoe store in town. Her name is Michele and she comes with an amazing story. She has lived in several places in the world, and the one that struck a cord with me, she lived in Milan! Michele is very friendly and she will do well in this town. I came out of the shop with two beautiful pair of sandals. I have shown Miss Imelda Marcos .....Heather the feather 😂👠👠👠. I have never known or heard of anyone that has as many shoes as dear Heather. Imelda Marcos is probably the closest person to have a collection like Heather. lol 
 Lately I've been going crazy over headbands. I found a sweet pattern on the internet and I enjoyed the pattern so much that I just kept going. Some have been made in yarn for winter and I had some bamboo cotton and I made one in that. They're heading for next season at the winter markets.
 Now I have the bug to try other styles of head bands. So here are some random ones that I've played with.

Do you remember the little blanket I made and showed in my last post? It's turned into this little comfort bunny. I thought it was going to, I just had this feeling. 😅

 

 So after looking at the blanket part of the bunny, I got the 'bug' to make a poncho. I know.......I don't understand what triggers me off either, I can't help it.😜 I can't even explain this yarn!!!! It is chunky, soft and a delight to work with. It will fit a two year old and it will be nice and snug.
 Oh.....my recent purchase at the op shop. Brand new yarn that I can't wait to try. A little searching first for a special pattern, and then I swear.....there's going to be smoke coming off my knitting needles sister!!!
Well my talents don't just stop with crochet or knitting because while I was at the op shop I found the yummiest of materials. My back verandah has had all the blinds replaced due to one smelly, scruffy, wet-nosed little brat of a dog chewing them all up when he was a puppy. 

These blinds are clear, not tinted as our others were, so the sun comes through and I don't like that in the summer time. I have slowly been making outdoor blinds as I can afford the material. Now look how beautiful this striped blue fabric is. It suggests a Mediterranean feel to me, and it was so, so cheap. I purchased it all.

Oh, and here is the culprit right now!!

Yes Mum, I'm not doing anything wrong....I'm just looking.
So my beautiful friends I now leave you to go and find some ribbon for Heather the feather. Today I plan to just relax and do some crocheting. I wish you all a beautiful weekend, what is left of it. 


Arrivederci, Anita.🍋🍇

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

I will never believe your naughty stories about dear Milo. I declare him innocent of all blind chewing. Love your new sandals, so nice of you to support the new shop.

Karen S said...

It is really crazy that you are so hot already and we have barely had a hot day at all here.
I know it will hit here soon as it always does.
Love the little ugg boot style booties. They are delightful.
And it is lovely to see that the headbands are still popular.
I think the curtains in blue and white are lovely. They give a fresh feel with those colours.
Hope the end of year count down is going along well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...