Sunday, July 29, 2018


Good friends never say Goodbye,
They simply say "See you soon."
Oh Buongiorno and Good morning beautiful people! How have we arrived at Sunday already when five minutes ago it was Saturday morning!! How fast the weekend always flies by. This week I have been knitting so much that I was worried the police would book me for speeding. I had a few projects on the go, as I showed you last time, and this week most of them are completed but still I am sewing in the ends of the tea cosy. Do you like the colours I have used? I have made this pattern before and it was really fun to make.

 During the week I was asked to make a long red scarf and it is needed urgently!!!😅 Don't ask me how I managed to complete it so quickly but it is finished and now just waiting to be collected. I have to admit that the yarn was very chunky. I used 3 strands of 4 ply with 1 strand of 8 ply yarn. That's how it knitted up so quickly.
 I had a message sent to me through Face book this week too. A lady whose friend had a premature baby is in need of some very small baby woolly hats. These are what I am working on right now as this is the most important thing for me to be completing. I thought I would make about four little hats and if needed I can make them some more. This is a dear little simple pattern using purl three, knit two across one row and then the next row is a knit row. It is such a simple but easy pattern and looks beautiful.
 I had purchased this yarn a while ago and I am trying to find the right pattern to knit with it. Such a soft yarn and a thick ply. I had to laugh with this photo because I didn't realize there is an air balloon in the sky. It is typical for these to be in the sky in my town.
 And here is our guard dog...

big, savage, frightening American Staffordshire...

Milo
I must say we are all so happy he is on the mend and his health is excellent. He had his last visit to the vet and the all clear.

 I was wondering why he seemed to be on special alert this morning, Standing with one leg raised, staring, and ears pricked up.

It is that same balloon flying over. 
I went for a little visit to the nursery yesterday and picked up this fabulous plant. So pretty. 🏡🌹🌹
Just proof that I can actually be good. A friend took this photo because she couldn't believe I could sit still and be quiet.

On Friday we said farewell to a very special man. Thinking of you Chris.💛


Lovely friends....as usual I leave you to now go and tackle the housework and prepare the work clothes for the week ahead. How good it is to be ready and not rush around on a Monday morning looking for everything you need before you rush out the door for work. lol 
A beautiful week to you all.


Ciao, Anita.

Fontana della Barcaccia, Rome.


5 comments:

Kim said...

Love the colourful hat in the first photo, Anita and those dear little baby hats are so very sweet. So happy your Milo is back to his healthy self. Balloons high in the sky always seem to get dogs' attention. Have a happy week, lovely lady.

Maria said...

well done knitting the scarf sew quickly.. sweet tiny beanie..
Good to see Milo back to his old self again.
I remember when I floated over your town in a Hot Air Balloon every dog in town was barking...

Stefania said...

Complimenti per i bellissimi lavori a maglia e per il tuo stupendo cane.

Mereknits said...

I so love visiting you Anita and seeing all you have gotten yourself into. Love your projects, have a wonderful week.

Karen S said...

No breaks for you when it comes to yarn. Love all the colours you are playing with. The red scarf looks great.
And well done Milo for spotting the balloon. I am sure he would love to catch one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...