Sunday, February 24, 2013


It is good to

Embrace a hope

-Ovid

Hello to you all. We have a nice cool change to our weather, not sure how long it will last right now but enjoyable all the same. I blinked this week and where did it go? lol.  Some wonderful news for me to share with you. A cute little baby boy has come into the world. Hudson Levi has arrived weighing in at 7lb 5oz. Congratulations Mum and Dad!! I had received a request for a baby blanket so during the week I whipped one up. Do you like it? Click here for the pattern.
I am very happy with how it turned out and it is knitted in an 8 ply yarn. You could use 10 ply too for older children. Another fun project I have been working on is a stitchery that will turn into a cushion cover for my lounge room. I'm still plodding along with this project and I love the colours they have suggested to stitch with.
 

Posted by PicasaWe had to visit the Orthodontist this week so we grabbed our Bunnings voucher and did some shopping in the gardening section. Cory spotted these cute basket hangers and stuck one on his head. We hatched a plan and stuck one each on our head and called out to hubby across the shop. Ever seen a husband go bright red in the face?....it's really funny. One of the shoppers said to us "Harry Potter!!" We laughed.
I have been waiting for a flower to pop out of this bush and just one single little flower has bloomed. Unfortunately the tag has come off and I'm not sure what the plant is. I remember it said it turns into a good sized shrub. What are you doing on this fine Sunday? I am planning to make use of the cooler weather and do some sewing in my shed and just generally plod around. I'll be back tomorrow with my project for 1 Christmas item a month.
See you then!!
Cheers, Anita.
 

6 comments:

Quilt Kitty said...

You are faster than the speed of light at knitting Anita. The baby blanket will have little Hudson all snuggly. Sounds like you may have passed on your sense of humour - look out world! I'm doing accounts work today - bah humbug, but if I am really good and start, I may get some sewing time this evening. Tracee xx

Jane said...

A lovely blanket for the new arrival, I am sure it will get plenty of use

Maria said...

You whipped up that cute blanket in a week??? Lucky Hudson..
I can just see yous with those hanging baskets perched on your heads...LOL

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Anita, Congrats on the new little one. Oh how darling the blanket you created. What a treasured gift. Love your stitch work too.
So nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by and your kind comment.
Wishing you a lovely week ahead.
Hugs from Texas, Celestina Marie

Wendy said...

such a lovely blanket, that must have taken ages to knit!

Lynne said...

Sounds like you've been keeping yourself busy (even if you took time out to embarrass the hubby)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...