Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Woman's work is never done

Animals are such agreeable friends -
they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms
-George Eliot, Scenes of Clerical Life

When the computer and the camera decide not to do the right thing, someone can't get their blog posted. I have been tormented by both the last few days and hopefully now, they will both be good. In my last posting I wanted to show you some wool that I had purchased and here it is...
To be honest the photo doesn't do the colours justice. The baby wool is close to the right shade and very soft, but the multi coloured wool has a lovely pink through it and is just yum. I have managed to build up too many UFO's just lately and I need to get stuck into things to complete them. A bit of stitchery below..
This little stitchery is to be added to an ongoing project and I have just about finished it. The challenge of the month between Bev and I was to make something with black and white. I decided on a bag, because I always need one more. I had lots of bits left over from lots of other projects so I had no trouble rustling up these colours.
I'm getting better with using the camera, but you know I have spotted my bible story books poking out from under the bag here. I'll get the knack soon.
I made the bag a good size, I'll be able to stash lots of wool or stitching in there! And yo-yo's...I just love them.
The other project almost finished is my dress and strange is that it is black and white also. Must have been the month for that colour.
 
Buttons still need to be stitched on and also buttonholes, and I really like the pattern on the material. I have a skirt that needs sewing up as well, so I will still be sewing like mad.

It's time to dash off and get ready for work. It is just a small posting today but if it wasn't for my husband who sat down and made the camera download, I wouldn't have been able to share these photo's with you. So I'm glad for his manpower and ability to make the camera work. The last few days have been so busy my head is spinning. I had the washing, watering, ironing and trying to get the computer to work all at the same time as well as listen to Cory telling me all about his day at school. It is very important to listen to what he has to say and even Brandon had a fair bit to say about school as well, so I'm always ready to hear them.
Have the best day. Kind regards, Anita.

2 comments:

Cath Ü said...

I can see the pink in that wool.... I love the bag.. black and white is always stunning...
You are getting good with the camera...
Cath Ü

Bev C said...

Hello Anita,great bag,I especially love the new dress,very striking. Happy knitting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...