Sunday, June 12, 2022

 Winter is the time for comfort, for good food, and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk near the warm fire: it is the time for home. ☕⛅๐Ÿ’ž 

Hello lovely friends! I welcome you to my blog, we may be in the throws of our cold winter, but there is warmth right here, so stay a while. With my slow mending pinky finger, I have been plowing through lots of commissioned crochet and knitting orders. Though the broken tendon had held me up, but not entirely halted my hobby.......I have now gone wild again. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Come with me and I'll show you what I've been up to.....✈✈✈ 

๐ŸŒท In the town I live there seems to have been several premature births, and the little mitts I have been knitting have reminded me how precious life is. These little pink and white pair are about five seconds big, they fit on a small geranium leaf. It is incredible.

Actually......๐Ÿ˜…...there seems to be lots of babies being born in our town right now. Perhaps due to people staying home more at the moment? ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜„ Heather and I are both knitting like wild things to restock our stall at the markets. And the markets!!!!! that just went crazy last weekend. 

This little jacket and boot set is knitted in a preferred colour in our area right now. The neutrals, oatmeal, huge whites are our biggest requests. I do like making things in these colours but I am happiest when I can get my hands back on to the bright colours.

 
I love the little pattern that runs down the raglan sleeve. 
It's just a bit different and adds a nice touch.
 

Oh and I forgot......there are twins happening as well. What's actually going on? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
 
Talking about colour, here it comes. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ  

Besides doing commissioned works, we also donate to our community. I will tell you a funny story and if you are a visual person as I am, you will understand this.
 
So, I roll up at our PCYC centre to attend a circuit workout class. I spot our wonderful instructor Rachel, and I notice something very strange sitting right next to her. 
๐Ÿ˜ฎ...(I mean..that's not normal right?)
So, very carefully I walked by her, one of my eyes focused on my instructor and my other eye is watching where I'm walking. Phew, I am asked if I could possibly make the dolly some clothes. I was very relieved. The dolly belongs to our local Toy library place. lol. Dolly is happy now.






I hope the little ones have fun dressing the two dolls in their clothes. It is so important that children have resources to learn and create.
 
The colour train is still rolling on with this cute coloured sweater that I am working on. This is actually the project I have been wanting to make since I walked into a shop and saw a similar sweater. It seems that granny square clothing has made a come back and I'm so happy. It looks amazing on children, and the adults seem to be enjoying it too.

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

 Below, is the cuff I have started on. The colours are crazy cute! They make me feel very happy, even though I'm more the autumn tone girl, any bright and happy colours make me feel warm.

My amazing niece was re homing an archway and of course, I see potential in everything, so it's at my house now. I'm thinking a grapevine would be nice growing up this. What do you reckon?
During our hot, never ending summer we have come out of, I decided to get an early start on planting shrubs in the yard. This weekend I purchased three grevillea bushes and hopefully they will get enough time to at least establish themselves in the garden. Hopefully Milo doesn't trample them. lol

Oops.....how did this yarn get here? Another recent purchase perhaps? ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡

It's time for me to go and spread some catnip seeds into pots for the lovely Frank to enjoy (when it grows). Have a beautiful weekend.
Ciao, Anita. ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿถ
 

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...