Sunday, August 8, 2021

๐ŸŒท Happiness often sneaks in a door you didn't know you left open. ๐ŸŒท    

Hello beautiful friends! I only have a few pieces of work to show you because all my time has been spent on making show entries for the 2021 annual show here in town. I can show you this woolly hat, mitten and scarf set I have made for a customer. A cute little shark set for a boy. All pieces have been made without any pattern and just by looking at photos of what I've seen on the internet. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I love the teeth and red gums of the shark mouth on the mitts. lol I ran out of the grey yarn otherwise I would've added some fins.

We have been saving hard to buy an outdoor setting, and as they are expensive, we first bought the two seat piece and then the two single seats. It is not a very good photo because today it is overcast and the light is shining through the blinds.

In recent weeks I've spent lots of time out in the garden. That is in between all the rain we have had this winter. I have scored lots of bargains over our buy and sell page on facebook. I picked up two very tall blue glazed pots yesterday for $50 each!!! They are heavy and they are beautiful. I have placed them at each end of my Greek garden.
I also bought a Moses statue last fortnight. He is amazing and a much loved addition to my garden.

The other additions to the garden are....   

a new outdoor umbrella to fit into the wrought iron seating that has also been moved to the outside area.

Used brick blocks that have replaced the old wooden sleepers that used to be in my Italian garden area.

Concrete angel shelves gifted to me from lovely Chris. I love them! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I have also purchased a gorgeous plant called Red Anna. I'm waiting hard to see how this little beauty grows.
Everyone in town is stunned by all the rain we have had this winter and I have to say, I last remember this kind of winter when I was a child. There have been so many days in a row with continuous rain, and for my Italian friends, just to let you know, this is not usual for Australia. Especially not in our area.
So now I leave you all for another week and hopefully I will have some sort of craft work to share with you next week. 
 
I am also waiting patiently for Heather the feather to return to Western Australia. She has been on a holiday which has become an extended stay. The longer she stays away, the more havoc she will cause. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.
Ciao, Anita.

 

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh dear, I hope Heather is not stuck somewhere in lockdown. All that rain means your gardens will be lush and green. Everything is looking lovely, Anita. Those blue pots were a bargain, and oh my, Moses is an impressive fellow, isn't he. Your new outdoor setting is fabulous. Looks cosy, too. LOVE the little boys, shark ensemble. You are very clever to work it all out just by looking at a picture. Cute, cute shark hat!

Mereknits said...

Love, love, love those shark mittens, so incredible. Moses looks very much at home in your wonderful garden, enjoy!

Verbena said...

Il tuo giardino รจ sempre migliore e accogliente. Ciao

Karen S said...

Your shark set looks wonderful. That is a fun idea.
Love seeing all the fun you are having in the garden, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...