Saturday, February 29, 2020

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them.....
your smile, your hope, and your courage.     
                                                                                                                Doc Zantamata
 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻      
Buongiorno and good morning beautiful friends, it is so nice that you could join me today. Some how, we seem to have been blessed with a week's worth of rain, along with thunder and lightning. This rain has been so good for our farmer's, but oh....you can keep the thunder and lightning!!!🌩🌩🌩


I have spent the last couple of weeks having loads of fun crocheting and knitting little woolly hat and bootee sets. Playing in fairness, I made a set in both blue and pink. 😂😂 The pink set has been made in an 8ply yarn with has a little silver vein of yarn running through it. I am never sure how the texture will turn out when using the yarns with the silver thread in it as it can sometimes come out stiff, but not in this case.




 I have used the same yarn for the blue set.
While I'm playing with textures, found in my sewing shed......1 stray ball of Ostrich yarn. What to do with a single ball of yarn?? We add a stray ball of 3 ply baby yarn and a ball of leftover 8 ply and you knit all the yarns together and make a very stunning cowl. I wish you could all touch this and feel how soft it is. Amazing!!!!💛💚💙💜
Still going crazy with baby things...my gorgeous, fabulous, marvelous,
Heather the feather very kindly.... unloaded 😂😂😂😋 some of her off casts of yarn. I'm pretty stoked about that. So to start off, a woolly hat was quickly crocheted. The colour is so pretty and Heather always has lovely tones of yarn that she finds (probably because she is a hoarder!!!)
Speaking of off casts, here is a bold statement of colour and creation, lovingly made with the addition of soft tones of beads on the neck warmer. Some lucky person will want to purchase this at the markets, and the bright woolly hat with the big flower is a stunner as well.


Our summer has been very harsh, many weeks straight with temperatures of 40+, my garden has stood up well but with a few losses. I will have to replace a few bushes during the winter months. I thank my garden for standing up and defending itself against the sunshine.🙏🙏🙏
Some cute little woolly hats and messy bun hat made to stock up at the markets....more of my yarn stash used.
Oh look at that face!!!! You would think he was never paid any attention to ; petted ; feed ; locked away ; ill treated.........😂😂😂😂...no...this is the face of a spoiled pet that always gets 100% attention, love and his way. Don't let the eyes fool you.
Until next time my friends, stay happy, safe and well. My love and thoughts go out to my friends in Italy and all over, who have the worry of the coronavirus at their doorsteps. I send you my prayers and love.🌹
Ciao, Anita.

5 comments:

sinforosa c said...

Dear Anita, your post as well as beautiful gives so much serenity. Your works are beautiful and your garden is a fairy tale. I live in the red zone here in Italy and we are all in quarantine because of the virus that invaded us. I thank you for your prayers which will certainly be heard. Thank you and good day :)
sinforosa

Karen S said...

These are all such lovely items. Love the soft and delicate colours in the baby sets.
Fun character hats as well.
I am so pleased you had lots of rain. It seems that we have all waited a long time for a decent drop. Glad also that most of your garden survived.

Kim said...

Your garden is holding up beautifully, Anita. It looks as if you have had a lot of rain. I always love your woolly pretties you showcase each week. I particularly love the colourful beanie.

Maria said...

Beautiful use of all the left over yarns...
Your garden would have loved the rain..

Mereknits said...

Anita you do make me smile. I love all you have made but the ostrich cowl is so stunning. I have never heard of ostrich yarn so I am very intrigued. Hope you have a beautiful week and the thunder and lightening go away!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...