Sunday, September 22, 2019


πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šA friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself.
πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’š



Hello there beautiful friends! Finally I have returned...once again. The last few weeks has been taken up with preparing for our annual agricultural show and being a member of the association, there was much to do.  As always I had entries in both the Craft work and Needlework section, but this year I knew my entries would be lower than usual. Heather the feather and I had sold a lot of our knitting so it was a struggle for both of us in the way of entries.

A new thing for me was that I did judging in the Needlework section for a neighboring town at their show. It was my first time as a judge and I really enjoyed it. It is actually amazing to realize how much knowledge I had stored in my head and how much I also learned while judging.

Grab a lovely cup of tea or coffee and walk with me......🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

For months we advertised the show date and the classes people could enter because last year our society got a bashing from a big portion of the community. For part in advertising this year I made sure every couple of weeks to get on Face book and shared the classes people could enter in the Needlework Section and Craft work section. I really think this helped because all sections in the pavilion were up in numbers. The Needlework section exploded and the first photo below is the extra entries that we had to fit in. lol We were so happy. 

We had 19 quilts, which is an outstanding number at our show.
There were so many beautiful creations, I was so proud of our community.
So...here come my entries. I am very critical of myself, I have to say but my criticism helps me to do better next time. I was not happy with my standard of anything except for my little cream booties. The two other items I did like but wish I could've spent more time on was the crocheted cushion and the doll comfort blanket.
 Next year I will keep more of my knitting aside as entries.
 Oh hang on.....these two little vests were pretty cute too.πŸ’πŸŒΈπŸŒ»πŸŠ
I am glad this weekend is a rest weekend. On Friday hubby and I went to the dentist...something we are not so excited to do πŸ˜‚ but we go anyway, our oldest son Brandon has flown off to Melbourne for the weekend and the rest of the weekend is a stay at home weekend. I am trying to catch up on about three weeks worth of washing, ironing and housework. It is slowly getting there.
One thing I did keep up with was going to the gym, missing only one Friday class due to working at the show. I do a class called MovNat, which is natural movement. I will leave this video here of my latest achievement and something I just love to do. You're only old if you want to be.   πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

Have a beautiful week my friends.


Ciao, Anita.


4 comments:

Verbena said...

Complimenti, eclettica amica! ♥

Mereknits said...

HOw incredible to have all those entries into your festival. Each and everyone is wonderful, I feel you are way to hard on yourself. You deserve to rest!

Karen S said...

Well done with promoting your local.
show. It really does look like your efforts paid off with all the extra entries.
I think your own entries were lovely, but it is almost impossible to keep up supplies if you are selling so well - and that has to be a priority.
Congrats on being asked to judge as well. A real honour.
Good luck settling back into routine. Hope you did get to relax for a bit.
It will be hot before we know it.

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, just look at you swing across those bars...amazing! As for your show, so many gorgeous entries gathered together. How fabulous you were a judge. It would have been wonderful to look closely at all the entries. Well done on your lovely entries. Love that little dog cushion. Great too, that your handmade lovelies have been selling like hotcakes. It must be exhausting keeping up with demand.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...