Sunday, June 2, 2019


Be kind to people, and if that's too much to ask for...
Then just be weird to people.
It's the least you can do.



Hello Beautiful people.....has the sun shine found you on this amazing day? Our morning has woken with a very cold 2C but as the morning goes on the sun has peaked over the valley. We're in for a lovely warm day. As our winter starts, the colours in the trees and garden have changed accordingly and with all our fibre we pray for rain to help our farmers with their crops. I personally wish it rains through the night time and sunshine throughout the day light hours.

Heather the feather and I had a very successful market day yesterday, as we anticipate in the winter months. We were so busy with customers that I actually came home with coffee still in my thermos. Something unheard of...... and I hear, on the quiet, that Heather the feather had to have a big afternoon sleep after wards. I never make fun of her.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I have a new item included in my stock now. Pretty ear warmers, for those who do not like to wear woolly hats but want to keep their ears warm through the winter. They did not sell yesterday but when I make a few more and there is more of a display, I know they will sell. I knitted them in an 8 ply yarn using circular needles. Add a nice crocheted flower and there you have a pretty gift for a friend.🌹


An item that has become incredibly popular recently are the Messy bun hats or also known as Pony tail hats and I have a story for you towards the end of this post. You have waited all week for the story as I promised to share it with you. 

Below are two of the Messy bun hats that have been ordered. The yellow and blue hat is for a young girl who loves the West Coast Eagles football team, and the purple one if a favoured colour of another customer. I have four more orders to make. 

They are quick and easy to make, and have a useful purpose to them. That is part of the enjoyment craft work gives me; to produce something that has much purpose to it. I think that comes from having to value every single thing I received as a child because things never came easy.
As my confidence grows with crocheting and many thanks to YouTube, my success and ability to tackle more challenging stitches are slowly coming. I made these delicate pink booties as I watched a tutorial play as I made it. I'm loving the bobble pattern along the side of the boot. It's a funny thing.....every time I look at the bobbles it reminds me of a pattern I saw while in Italy. Along the top of the Pantheon, along the sides, way up high, is an egg pattern. It is beautiful.



Milo...😂

💖 He'll never know how much we love him 💖


Nestled deeply in my heart is the closeness I feel to my much loved Italy and so grows my Olive tree. I was very pleased to find a good tree to plant alongside my glorious lemon tree. The best thing is (touch wood, cross my fingers)...Milo has taken no interest in either plant.

Now for the story you have waited for.



On our local Face book sell and buy page, I noticed a comment on one of the advertisements. A lady selling sewn hair ties was asked by Sharon..."Do you make Pony tail hats?". I know the lady selling the hair ties and she sews only. 

I respond to Sharon, I make Pony tail hats.  Sharon doesn't respond to me straightaway but the next day she does. 'Can you send me photos of what you make and how much do you sell them for?'...asks Sharon. I set up a display of my goods, take time to take good clear photos and list the cost. Then I don't hear again from Sharon ... at all. I was thinking she would like to purchase some from me.

Three days later, on 'my' local Face book sell and buy page are some shabbily knitted Pony tail hats, for the same price as mine,  made by....guess who.......Sharon!!!!!  😡😡😡😡


Competition is good but poaching (as I call it) is sly on so many levels. But as I am a lady, I acted accordingly. I asked every God to send down 1000 lightning bolts and every plague they could loan me, I found out where she lives (the next community to our town); I joined her community face book sell and buy page and advertised my Pony tail hats; I promptly posted on my own community Face book  sell and buy page; I chanted for days and spat at the mirror....💥💥💥 and the result was....I have made $120.00, I still have orders to make and then have to restock as I have only 2 left for sale.😇😇😇😇😇

I love everyone

I hope you have joined me in a good laugh, a life lesson and that it was worth waiting all week to hear. I hope Karma doesn't come visit to me. Now I go to tease my ever suffering husband, he has been peaceful in the time I have spent working on my blog. So his peace ends now.😜😜😜😜 My friends....I send you love and hugs. I send them now....you will feel them.


Ciao 💗 Anita

I walk along enjoying the day that has been given to me.






4 comments:

Kim said...

Well, that's a bit rude of Sharon. I bet you are very pleased with the sale of your hats. I wouldn't worry your pretty head about her. Ear warmers hey.....they are fun and the little booties are sweet. It is freezing here today....something that will last for about 4 months I should think. =) I am guessing Milo just might have a hint of what you would do to him if he was to 'play' with your olive and lemon trees. Have a beautiful week, lovely Anita.

Verbena said...

Su Facebook c'è il mondo e nel mondo ci sono persone diverse nel bene e nel male.
Copiare il lavoro di altri è sempre disonesto.
Buona domenica, cara amica.

Mereknits said...

Oh that Sharon is a nasty bit isn't she? How rude! You were right to post on her site and I am so glad you are getting orders in my the armful. Good for you!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

That is too bad about Sharon........who sounds unsure of herself and has no integrity at all. It all comes down to quality......which you know your items have. All of your work is beautiful! Best wishes for much success!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...