Sunday, April 1, 2018


Bunny kisses,
Easter wishes
 Image result for clipart buona pasqua
  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy Easter everyone!!! Is this not a lovely day to celebrate Easter? I know Easter means different things to different people and I try to remember the many aspects of which I was taught. Last night I could hear the church bells ringing and it brought such a warm feeling to me. 

During the long Easter break I plan to enjoy the garden, catching up on a few things around the house and to get cracking on some orders that have come in. You know the old expression about "when it rains, it pours"? That's what has happened with this last lot of orders. I am happy about that.



Beautiful reminders of Easter




My lovely brooch from Zia Pina...I always remember you 💜💛



This week as I visited my favourite blogs I came across this very interesting crochet pattern at Angelica's blog, Decora y Adora. The name of the stitch is Waffle stitch and it's amazing!!! I tried the pattern but only used the yarn I had on hand. It is just a trial patch and with thicker yarn it will look stunning. Remember, I am really only a beginner at crochet and with the help of Youtube I have managed to learn more and more. 

I love visiting Angelica's blog, even though it is in Spanish, I simply use the translate button and convert to English. If you want to see the waffle stitch cushions and an instruction sheet, click here.


These are part of the orders I have made a start on. A request for 28 doll berets....here I go! I am very happy for this order and the lady is asking for specific colours. I really enjoy making these.


Yes.....still stitching ends in, and sewing buttons on.


Last weekend as I was driving home I looked over at one of my childhood haunts and realized the company that has purchased the old sale yards are slowly but surely removing things I remember playing on and adding 'new' buildings and gates to the place.

This old building holds fond memories for me as a child, a place where sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, geese and cattle were sold. It was the meeting place for the farmers to buy and sell their stock. It is just up the road a short way from my family home and it always takes me back to my time as a child and the fun that I had there.

 I have taken many photos of this old building because if it ever is pulled down (which I hope doesn't happen) at least I have many good reminders of it. Forgive my strangeness, but I also had a love of this collection of gates just near by the building.

I think it become a curiosity to me because I ever only saw them being used a couple of times in my life. As you see the gates opened here, they led sheep to a big main paddock. Just behind these two gates, are two more gates that also opened and they lead sheep into two small holding paddocks.

 I was also fascinated by the spikes on the first two gates. Why would they have such things on gates? As you can see, it would not take much to climb the fence at all.
 I am fortunate to still have this memorable place still standing. I can see, touch, walk near something that I did as a child. Many people don't have pleasure. You can see on the right hand side of this photo, the white building...that is not part of my childhood!!!! 😂😂😂, nor are those high gates near the building. But it doesn't matter....I still have the building. Are you lucky like me, are you still able to visit, touch or see something from your childhood?
Speaking of memories...many, many years from now my sons will long have Milo in their memories. Here he is just being the boss. lol He knows he's got us wrapped around his little finger.

Well my friends, I have shared only a little of my craft work this week, I have let you into my crazy wacky thoughts and feelings, and taken you with me down memory lane. Now let me wish you once again.....
                         Happy Easter

To my friends I see all the time and to those that I don't see a lot of, to the friends I have made in blog land, and my Italian friends so far away, I wish you the best always and at this special time of year.


Ciao, Anita.






4 comments:

Mereknits said...

Happy Easter Anita. I love the photos of the building and gates, so wonderful to hear your memories of it. Have a great day.

JoJo said...

Hope you had a nice Easter! My husband and I live really close to our hometown so we see our old stomping grounds all the time.

tesselleelle said...

Quanti bei ricordi Anita, rivedere quella bella fattoria e casa deve essere molto emozionante..bellissimi i tuoi nuovi lavori e molto bello quel nuovo punto del campione, belli anche i segni sulla Santa Pasqua, per non parlare di quella spilla della zia Pina. Sperando sia stata una buona festa di Pasqua ti saluto con tanto affetto

Laura, una carezza anche a Milo

Karen S said...

Glad to see you had a good Easter break.
As you said, it is odd how orders can come in all at a rush. Make the most of it when you can.
Love seeing all the doll outfits.
Has it started cooling down yet for you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...