Sunday, April 15, 2018


Happiness is found when you stop comparing yourself to other people.


I promise I will not show off about being on holidays once again. My holidays start with caring for my sons girlfriend who yesterday sat in the dentist chair and had 4 wisdom teeth extracted. Bravo Emma! Such a strong girl to face what I would consider terrifying. Today she is recovering well and I am so proud of her.πŸ’•

I am also proud of my sonπŸ’— for his support of Emma and going in the room with her while the procedure went on. All my suffering was.....πŸ˜‡

being offered a cup of tea and a biscuit!!!!! from the receptionist! I even ate the biscuit!! It was a lovely cup of coffee.  πŸ™Š 

So one of my latest orders was to knit a pretty doll and some clothing and accessories to go with her. Here she is....how beautiful! This little treasure is knitted in 8 ply yarn with very bright colours. I am so very happy with how she turned out.




 Also growing well is my collection of knitted finger less mittens.
 Here I demonstrate how the mitt fits.

While on holidays I have already planned my main projects. One will be to clean out my wardrobe of old clothing and those not suiting my body right now. I also plan to re arrange my storage system in the sewing shed. Emma has offered me these glass jars and of course I will find something to put in them.


One thing I am thankful for is finding wonderful friends in blog land as their creations and craft inspire me. Even if I don't get to make everything I see, I can get ideas. Recently I visited a favourite blog and found some crochet blocks. I looked at the drawn instructions and decided to give the pattern a go. I was pretty sure I would not be able to make this but I did. Visit this beautiful blog...click here.πŸ’œ

 Friends, sometimes we are our own enemies. We doubt ourselves and don't live our dreams. I put my own doubts aside and gave it a go with this pattern. And look.....
 These little balls of yarn will turn into something fantastic and I can't wait.
 I thought I would sneak up on Milo being very interested in some creature in the garden.

Sprung Milo!!!!!! Got you!!!!

That beautiful face!

Not when you dig up my garden naughty boy


Well, if you can't beat them join them. I will be naughty too. 😈Without saying too much.....only could I find such a book with this title. For my Italian friends when you translate "Fuzzy doodle".

Now I am leaving you to annoy everyone in my household....just because I want to and it will be fun.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
A good Sunday to you all.

Ciao, Anita. ...

5 comments:

Karen S said...

Good to see you making the most of your holidays. And well done to Emma. No fun but hopes she is a quick healer.
Your doll and clothing are totally gorgeous. That is a delightful collection.
And well done with your crochet pattern. i can see you using those little flowers everywhere.
It still looks warm for you.Have you had any rain for the garden?

Verbena said...

Anita, you have a beautiful and nice face.
Have a good week.

JoJo said...

The doll is soooo sweet and cute! I love her! And Milo too! That quote you shared at the beginning of your post is something I struggle with. Esp. comparing myself to Russell's ex wife, esp. as it relates to the grandsons. I always feel like a nobody and will be pushed aside and maybe he'd get back together with her. My logical self knows it's not true.....he's told me over and over that 1. He can't stand the woman and 2. I've done more for the kids than she has, and actions speak louder than words.

Mereknits said...

Best of luck to Emma as she recovers. Love the doll you knit Anita, what a great gift that will make. Enjoy your week.

tesselleelle said...

Ciao mia cara Anita, anche oggi post veramente ricco! leggere i tuoi articoli mi piace sempre tanto, la tua intelligente ironia Γ¨ unica! Ora voglio dirti, che anch'io vorrei supportare la coraggiosa Emma (che bel nome Emma!) per aver tolto 4 denti tutti in un solo giorno....complimenti ad Emma di cuore! la bambola Γ¨ bellissima e tutto il suo guardaroba di completi, altrettanto. Sei un vulcano di idee e sei veramente instancabile. Finisco con un pensiero per il mio tenero Milo, ho capito che ama fare buche nel giardino (hi hi hi) lascialo divertirsi un po'.......dopo Anita sistema tutto.

Ti abbraccio cara e ti auguro buon W.E.
Laura

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...