Monday, March 5, 2018



You are braver than you believe,
Stronger than you seem
Smarter than you think & loved more than you know.
Well it's taken me a little while to post today....but finally I've made it! Here in Western Australia we enjoyed a public holiday for Labour Day and I packed as much into the day as I possibly could. An early start with a work out at the gym ; got through the ironing before the weather became impossible ; altered a skirt ; did some gardening ; had a nice little afternoon sleep and sat and did some lovely crocheting. Sound good to you ladies? I'm pretty happy.

On Saturday Heather the feather and I held a stall at our local market, only to have something stolen off the tables. Heather noticed there was an empty space in one of our boxes and when she asked me if I knew what was missing, I knew instantly my owl had vanished. I'm hoping the culprits entrails slowly ooze out of their skin and may their head burst into flames.....😂😂😂😂😂 I know none of that will happen to them but I do know that Karma will visit. It always does. I'll just unleash Heather onto them if we ever find them...that's enough to frighten anyone!!!! lol Other than that incident...the markets were fantastic! We teased lots of town folk, stirred up the stall owner next to us (we're all friends) and the atmosphere was wonderful.
 

This is what I've been up to lately....
 Finally..I have finished this cute cushion and I'm so pleased with it. The top and bottom have been dressed in some lace and mauve tones used throughout.
                            Made a few more hair ties...


               Made a start on a baby blanket.



Finally in Australia it is Autumn, but someone please tell Mother Nature that. I'm not going to tell her, she scares me. lol We have still got the very hot weather and this week we're expecting days of 38C!! But anyway....I thought I would make a start on some fingerless mittens for our stall. This is a very easy pattern and I can't remember where I got it from. lol. I cast on 35 stitches using 4mm knitting needles and 8 ply yarn, and worked it sideways. If anyone want the pattern do leave a comment because I can remember what to do.



This is my best project that I am really having fun making. It will be a cushion and right now I am going around the edges of each square and giving it a white border.



Milo....stalking out a tiny, itsy bitsy little lizard!!!! Such a brave lion he is. lol



I'm feeling really lucky too! On Facebook, a local page, there were some free pots available. The owner was going to leave them on the verge and first in got them. I thought I would be too late because the ad was already half an hour old. But guess what!!!!? Here they are. There are three of them but I kept two together  and the other one....



Well, it's back to work tomorrow so I must go and get dinner cooking. Wherever you are in the world, I send you good wishes, hugs and beam you some kisses.
Ciao, Anita.








8 comments:

Kim said...

Some people, honestly! Sad that your owl went walkies. It sounds as if you had a busy but a rewarding day. I can just imagine all the fun you and Heather have at your stall. Lots of pretties to see here; love all those granny squares. It will make a lovely cushion. Have a lovely week, Anita. Try and stay cool!

Verbena said...

Splendido il tuo giardino fiorito, ci sono fiori naturali e fiori fatti a mano
con l'uncinetto. Qui da noi è tutto spoglio e triste.
Ciao Anita, buona settimana.

JoJo said...

I hope it starts cooling off for you soon. Ma Nature is throwing all the winter weather we didn't have at us in one week. It's been crazy. Sorry someone ripped you off. Some people have no souls. How can they look at themselves in the mirror?

Julie said...

Gosh Anita, doesn't it just rock you when someone thinks they can just help themselves to things off your stall for free!!! I always notice a gap in my Cottage & can remember what was there. And it usually isn't the ones you think might be shoplifting either ... it can often surprise you! I am glad the market stall went well & hope your sales have improved to last month. I think you can cheer yourself up by knowing that you scored the bargain of the week getting those amazing pots for free!! They are just gorgeous .... lucky we don't live in the same town or I might've been right there on the roadside fighting you for them!!! :-)

Karen S said...

Glad to know you enjoyed your long weekend. We get ours this coming Monday.
Sad to hear about the owl being stolen. I hope the rest of the market time made up for it.
The baby blanket is coming along nicely - gorgeous colours. Also great to see the lovely pillow finished.
And I agree that it is a smart move getting a start on the Winter items.
Those pots are great find. Looks like they were waiting just for you!
Yes, It may be Autumn but our weather has no idea what that means. We are hanging out for rain no matter what the temperature.

Maria said...

Some people are just a--holes......You work long hours to make your lovely creations..
You did have a great extra day off.
Great free find and the pots look great in the garden..
LOL Milo is sew brave..

Mereknits said...

Great pots, great projects and you are great fun!

tesselleelle said...

Ciao Anita non so se ho capito bene, sono previsti 38 gradi di calore? sembra incredibile visto che siete già in autunno. Che bella giornata hai passato, decisamente piena e completa, cose vere e semplici, sono le più belle. Mi dispiace che al mercatino ti hanno fatto un dispetto (io però con il tuo racconto ho riso tanto) spero di avere capito bene. Anche questa volta ci fai vedere una carrellata di cose bellissime, guanti veramente utili, colori assemblati così bene per quadri e coperte, mi son piaciuti i vasi che hai comprato al mercatino, ci stanno proprio bene in giardino, insomma tutto bello e piacevole, anche da leggere.
Complimenti anche a Milo, con quel bel muso e quei belli occhioni mi sembra così tenero anche se così grande......

Cara Anita ti meriti il premio Oscar per la simpatia! ti abbraccio e faccio anche a te i complimenti per tutto quello che riesci a fare!

Ti abbraccio forte, un bacio dall'Italia da me e dalla mia nipotina Emma,
alla prossima,
Laura

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...