Sunday, September 22, 2013

Wet Spring


He has achieved success who has lived well,

laughed often, and loved much.

-Bessie Anderson Stanley

A very warm greeting to you all. We are having a very wet Spring in our part of the world and this morning it is windy, wet and every now and then the sun peeks through the clouds. Last night the wind and rain woke me up it was that wild and woolly! Lol. I went to the library during the week and found two very sweet books that had to come home with me. The first little treasure explains the different types of tea: teatime; tea in the garden: high tea etc. It is a very interesting read. Maybe you can find it available at your library?
A very cute book of cross  stitch. You will love this one too.
Too sweet

We had such lovely weather yesterday that I had time for weeding and planting new shrubs. We have a giant sized pile of wood chips to put over the garden before the summer sets in, so I have started to move them into the garden. Most of the wood chipping will be done over the coming holidays and I will need all that time to move it!!
A quick trot through my garden.......

The front yard is starting to look good......


A view of the sky this morning.....


Can’t help admire the flower on the grevillia bush, just love it!


Oh surprise, surprise, yes there is knitting too. I found this super free pattern on the net. Knitted in 8ply, size 8 needles for me (perhaps different for you). It is a top down pattern, so easy with few threads to sew in. No surprise to those who visit my blog.....no buttons stitched on yet!! Lol. Click here for the pattern.

A recent visit to the local craft shop had this gorgeous yarn come home with me. I’ve knitted with  Fantasia before and it’s incredibly nice to knit with. If you can get a hold of some, do try it.

I have found a wonderful use for this spare box.......
A bit of style in my quest to hide all my UFO”s......he’ll never find them!!

Well I haven’t had brekky yet and the old tummy is a rumblin’. Need to solve that problem. I have no Heather to tease, she's on holidays in QLD. Hope you’re enjoying yourself girlie!! Best wishes to you all and have a happy  relaxing Sunday.

Cheers, Anita.

10 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely books to curl up with. We are very dry over here and quite warm. My poor garden is sad. Love grevilleas so pretty.

retdairyqueen said...

The garden looks lovely indeed Enjoy spreading those chips

Jane said...

Another lovely cardigan, and I love your box of treasure

Karen said...

So pleased to see you are getting some good rain. Definitely great for your garden. And isn't it looking wonderful! As always, beautiful knitting. Is it only a week until you are on holidays. They have already started here.

Michelle said...

Your garden is certainly waking up for spring, it's looking lovely. Our weather has been wet too but a least it's starting to warm up a little. Looking forward to some gardening tomorrow, it's supposed to be about 25 and fine!!! Yay

Astrid said...

Nice books are always welcome when the weather is so-so. Glad you had one day nice weather to check out your garden. We need rain here... a dry beginning of spring. Lovely yarn!

Manda - Handmade with Love said...

Wish I could share some of our sunshine with you! I love the cardi, so cute! Oh here is another trick for you :) I always use cloth bags when I bring new yarns or fabric home... They won't know any better then - lol

LiteraryLadybug said...

What a lovely Garden!

Lynne said...

I heard this morning that you have been having some extraordinary weather. Hope it clears soon.

Knitrageous said...

Hooray for rain! I wish we were having some. I love your sweater! I need to read about the different teas. That would be really interesting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...