Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chooks! Chooks!

I am content and occupied with such miracles
as I know, such as my eyes and ears daily show me.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.


Wow! Where is this week going? As soon as I go back to work, the days just fly by. It has so far been one of those really productive weeks and much has been completed, as opposed to those weeks where you run like mad and nothing much achieved. As predicted, the playschool characters were a success, and Lovely Lyn at work has pre-warned me that Jemima might go missing. I better knit one for Lyn, so mine stays there. lol.

I have stitched my row of chooks together, and although the photo doesn't do it justice, it has turned out lovely. I tried to take the best photo but not everything would fit in too well, but you can get some idea of what the row is all about. This is the centre piece of the row.


Some of these blocks I have already shown previously.


I had some Debbie Mumm material left over from ages ago but could not really find anything to do with them as they were cut in strips. Now how clever was it to just keep the strips in the cupboard for years and not throw them out.....it's a girl thing. So they came in real handy. The fat chooks in the picture remind me of my fat brood of girls. They are so spoilt now, better than living in those horrible cages they came from. They still lay lots of eggs too.
It's a pity I couldn't get a close up all the whole thing, but....anyway. I thought I would share the army of ants Heather gave to me as a gift.
These are the only ants I like, in fact I would love to get my hands on somemore of them. They are cute. I am also on the hunt for some old cottages bricks like in this picture. They give the cottage we live in such a warm feel.

I have attempted to take a photo of my gorgeous white roses, not sure the name of them, and it isn't the best snap....of course, it's me taking the picture.

Tonight I am going to sew up Fido and take some shots of him to show you, and I want to look for a nice shrug pattern for myself to knit. That ought to keep me busy and out of trouble for the night. Planning on watching the news as well, there have been a few earth tremours lately. A big one happened in Kalgoorlie (a mining town 5 hours away from here) in Western Australia. There was a stack of damage done to several historical places in Kalgoorlie and they did show a bit in the paper.

I have been invited to an afternoon tea with a group of women, they will be selling material to people......probably to people like me. I know someone else who will be getting invited. he he he. Have a wonderful night and I'll catch you all another time. Kind regards, Anita.


3 comments:

Vickie said...

oh way to go girl I looooove your chooks well done and very clever usage of the strips of fabric it matches perfect..aww them ants are the best ants I've ever seen..your white rose looks magnificent..and say whaaat you have been invited where OH MY GAWD have fun,cheers Vickie

Bev C said...

Hello Anita,

Heather did well getting those ants for you. They seem to be the type we need not those other pesky ones. Happy sewing/knitting.
Bev.xoxo

Sue-Anne said...

Your chooks look really cute and I love those Ants!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...