Sunday, November 15, 2020

 

 There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy. 😊

Good morning all you beautiful people, how are you all this morning? So I've been missing for a while and I've had some of the busiest weeks known to mankind, as we all have from time to time. There have been several events that have come up that have taken me away from my crochet hook and knitting needles, but they've been fun things.
 
I entered a Mud Festival with my beautiful niece and her crazy friends. It was 3 kms of running, climbing, sliding and jumping into mud pits and muddy tunnels. The course is usually 5km but due to covid they shortened the course. I'm actually surprised they had it at all but I'm glad it was still on. In Western Australia our covid cases are so contained and we have had the good fortune to move around more freely. My niece is the gorgeous girl with the white cap on her head. The others are a bunch of crazy people 😂
Photo taken before and after the fun. 

and then ......the normal family photo. 😜

It was such a fun day and any time I can spend with Lisa, the better for our hearts.

So I have acted normal from time to time and I did get back to the real world. I was very happy with the outcome of this little sweater that I was commissioned to make. It is knitted in a 4ply yarn, with cable running up each section on all pieces. The roll down collar was amazing and it looked so good when I completed it. The lady was very happy with it too. 👍



My little partner in crime.....Heather the feather gave me a couple of bags of yarn because I needed some pink for the next 2 orders for baby cardigans. She is very kind, and as Heather is cleaning out in preparation for her move, it is one less thing she will have to pack. It will be another chapter in our lives when Heather moves away but gladly the distance won't be impossible for us to still catch up. 💓

Several weeks ago I was fortunate enough to score these cement balustrades and the tops that go on them. All we had to do was dust and paint them. As each one was painted I lined them up in the garden to see how close I would have to place each one and how they look in the garden.
 

I'm so pleased with how my garden is slowly looking "Italian" and that makes me feel like I'm home.
A couple of weeks ago Heather the feather and I decided to do a little road trip to a town nearby, (and terrorize the place)....oops....I mean visit the place. 😂😂😂😂. Of course one of the things we do best is pop in to the op shops. Just sitting there quietly was this cute little thing. I grabbed it. I elbowed, bit, scratched my way passed Heather and got there first. It is an amazing and very eye catching banner. Don't worry Heather is fine now.....her black eye and broken leg are healing well. lol Just kidding.

And the latest job I'm working on is this crocheted baby cardigan that will be on sale at the Christmas markets in December. I have a heap of orders to get through before then and many of them are little baby cardigans.

This is crocheted in 8 ply and a very simple pattern. This is one of the colours that are in style at the moment. It seems quite dark for a baby but that's what people want. 

Well lovely people, I am going to have a scratch around in my shed to do a bit of a clean up. It really needs it. Our weekend has been very wet and cold, which is unusual for this time of year, so getting into the shed has been a bit tricky. The rain directs itself straight through the shed door and anything near the doorway gets wet. It is too dark in there to shut the door so I go in there only when the rain stops. lol

Stay happy and well, and enjoy the day.

Ciao, Anita.


4 comments:

Kim said...

They say mud is great for the complexion! Gosh, you are energetic! The jumper is beautiful and what a find that gorgeous banner is. I must say those cement balustrades do add an air of Italian to your home. everything looks lovely.

Karen S said...

Lovely to see you having fun in the mud. Sure does bring out the kid in all of us.
The jumper is lovely.
Great to see how well the balustrades look in your garden. The white is perfect against the plants.
No dog pics this time?

Mereknits said...

Anita, so nice to catch up with you and your amazing adventures. Your projects are so wonderful, and I love the mud photos of all of you. Stay safe. By the way that sweater is amazing.

Maria said...

Pleased you had a fun day rolling in the mud....
Great find at the Op Shop..
Great cable and crocheted cardis.
Fabulous find fo the garden...
Where is Heather going?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...