Sunday, July 14, 2019




Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. 
                                -Confucius.
             

A gorgeous hello to you all! I have been enjoying my holidays way too much for a reason why I have been absent from blogging. The weather has been cold but kind, the company I have kept has been good for my soul and my hands have been creative. I am one of those people who would've loved to have been a home maker rather than go out to the work place, though the trade off is that I have met such wonderful people that I might never have crossed paths with. And that is the pros and cons of working outside the home, and also my reward. 💖

If you look properly, you will find the positive in whatever situation. This week though I had many orders to fill and in one case only had 4 days in which to make a baby jacket, I struggled through it but the reward at the end was amazing. A lady sent me a photo of a crocheted baby jacket....could I make this for her? She will go to hospital on Monday to have her baby. Can I do this?....I'll try. Well yes, I did it and as I took a photo of the finished garment....I saw the beauty of it. I really love it. I didn't see the beauty as I was crocheting to beat the clock, but when I finished I could enjoy it. We
go too fast sometimes. I am trying to remember to see what is before my eyes. 😊


I found this pretty pattern that was close to what the lady wanted, it is also a free pattern on the net. If you would like to try this pattern for yourself, just click here. When you bring the page up you will see something about purchasing a pattern but just keep scrolling down the page, it gives you the instructions to make it.




I have had fun on Face book with our Buy and Sell page. Someone was giving away these old bricks for free and I was onto it straight away. Pallets of these old bricks cost $300.00AU, so I didn't mind some hard work in going through the brick pile and carting the bricks by sack trolley to the car. When I pulled up at home and immediately unloaded by making the path, the job was a working progress. I still have a little section to fill and that won't take long.
 I've also been doing a little sewing while enjoying my holidays. This will be a bag to carry i pads and tablets in. I still need to attach studs on each end of opening but this is a chore as sewing on buttons. 😂😂😂
Another free pattern I found on the net is this very simple but effective baby hat. They are so simple and fast that I made all of these in one night. It was almost a crochet-a-thon night for me. Up all night, crocheting and happy as a sausage!!!! lol
 Another beautiful make is this pattern for a friend. It was easy to make, looks lovely, but I don't really like the pom poms. It has a cross over front and ties with a ribbon on the inside.
 Having fun making little flowers with my left over pieces of yarn. Are we not lucky to have such beauty in colour? Mother Nature certainly has put such beauty on this earth. Be thankful for our eye sight, some don't have it. 🙏

Now beautiful people, I'm off to walk around my garden. I have happy thoughts, I've listened to Andrea Bocelli as I wrote for my blog and that always brings joy to me. It has filled me with happiness and what better place to enjoy some happiness is out in the garden.

I want to see what is in front of me, I want to enjoy the smells jumping out from the flowers and the bushes in the garden. I want to walk on that new path made from bricks. Do you have a favourite place in your garden to visit?

A good day to you all.🍋🍋🍋🍋
Ciao, Anita.

4 comments:

Karen S said...

Hi Anita. I am back from holidays and catching up on posts. Looks like you have kept yourself very busy and have also enjoyed the term break. Great work with the bricks. We are off in that direction too as we have to pave a new path. Unfortunately for us it is too wet here to do it yet.
The little hats are lovely and remind me of the hippie ones I wore 50 years ago.
And I love the little jacket you made in a hurry.
I also fell in love with the mermaid hat in your last post. Totally gorgeous.
Good to catch up and see what you are up to. Cheers.

Maria said...

You sure did have a crochet-A-Thon..... gorgeous jacket and hats ...
Great iPad cover too...
The bricks for your path are fabulous.....

Mereknits said...

You are inspiring me to continue looking for all the good and to have gratitude in my heart. I am a work in progress with that but am attempting to do better everyday. Your work is so beautiful and even made in a hurry it is made with love. Have a great week.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Anita, the baby jacket/dress is beautiful........I can bet the new mom is so proud of it! Thank you for sharing the pattern site. Your work is so colorful and so lovely! Your brick path is wonderful! Yes, I have different garden spaces that I work on constantly and there is a bench or sitting place to enjoy each one at different times.
Keep enjoying your crochet and your garden!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...