Sunday, January 27, 2019



The best things in life are unseen.
That's why we close our eyes
when we kiss, laugh & dream.
🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Good morning beautiful people! Can you all hear that sobbing and crying?.....no?....possibly. Do not worry, for it is just me throwing all my toys out of my pram and having a cry because in a couple of days I return to work.😂

The only drawback to having so many weeks holiday is that it is twice as difficult to get back into work mode. I will say at one stage of my holidays I felt as though I had been away from work for about 6 months, so that is a good sign of feeling relaxed.

So many nice things have happened to me while being on holidays. One was the promise I kept to myself to make a good stock of items for the markets and I kept good to my word. Below is this cute Pug cushion that I have made for someone special who loves pugs. I found the free pattern on the Internet and used some delicate fabric that has sparkles on it as the back ground.

 I was gifted some lovely pink ribbon and I added this to the sides of the cushion. If you would like the template for this little pug, click here.
 Yes my ladies.....I did a bit of sewing. I shock you all with my ability to put my crochet hook and knitting needles down for five seconds. lol Previously I made two cushions and my little girl here was the third one I was still working on when I last posted.

This is a little bed cushion with a pocket on the back to store things in. Perhaps pyjamas's or special child's toys. When I get the sewing machine out it reminds me of how much pleasure sewing also gives me.
 I celebrated my 57th birthday during January and I had to show you this lovely gift Heather the feather bought for me. She has many tricks this lady. We were walking up a street in a near by town we were visiting, and as we walked by a cute shop I casually said "isn't that beautiful?" (pointing to this stand). The day of my birthday I unwrap this beautiful gift...the stand I had commented on was looking at me. Thank you Heather the feather 💖
 You knew knitting would appear sooner or later here didn't you? Woolly hats and messy bun hats were such a success at last year's markets so a fresh stock is needed. I have used all sorts of different textures, colours and ply of yarn. With happiness I am using my left over yarns and creating some very beautiful things. Different sizes for all ages are being made.
 Two cute little beaded doll brooches that I love to make. 💃💃💃
 My new bird bath for the front yard...purchased from birthday money. It has been so hot over here that I am putting as many containers of water for the wild life around the yard.
 A heavenly collection of baby booties in amazing colours. At the end of the market season last year we were shocked at how few baby booties and woolly hats we had left. A good indication though that they are good sellers. All year round we have success with these. People are loving knitted items again and I love that idea.
 You may remember that I sent a surprise parcel to Italy for Elisa's niece and nephew...I giggled to myself at how sneaky I was doing a surprise parcel and such a warm feeling for my soul when giving instead of receiving. 

It appears that Elisa has tricks of her own also. During the week I also receive a surprise parcel all the way from Italy. I was so delighted and my toes curled up when I looked at all the photo's in the 2019 calendar and letter I had received. There is just something special about a hand written note. Thank you Elisa, the calendar has a special place in la Cucina and I look at it every day. 
A poncho on the go, I've almost finished. These were also popular at the markets last year. The poncho seems to be making a come back!
Well my beautiful friends, it is time to go. I have written my post today and listened to the new cd by Andrea Bocelli - 'Si'. Oh it is magnificent. Music is such a wonderful thing; it takes you places. I know it puts me in such a gentle mood...probably why I didn't pick on Heather the feather or my husband while writing this post.😜😜😂😂

I crack myself up



Ciao, Anita.


6 comments:

Julie said...

You have been knitting & sewing up a storm Anita! Just wonderful creations. I hope your first week back at school goes okay. The stand Heather gifted you is beautiful!

Kim said...

Oh no, surely it isn't nearly back to school time for you. We have another week or so here. Lots of lovely pretties in this post. The little pug cushion is very sweet, as is the little girl 'dolly'. The poncho is bright and happy and the beanies very sweet. Love your new birthday planter and the bird bath will look lovely in your garden. Happy Birthday to you, lovely Anita. All the best people have birthdays in January! =) Have fun at school!!

Verbena said...

Sono in ritardo..ma ti lascio i miei più scintillanti AUGURI. ♥♥♥♥

JoJo said...

Beautiful crafts as usual Anita!

Karen S said...

Lovely to see you so busy! But sorry about the return to work!! Let's hope it goes well.
And of course, Happy Birthday. Looks like you have ended up with some lovely garden gifts.
We have been putting a lot of water out for the birds, too. The really appreciate a drink and a cooling bath.
Great to see your sewing and knitting creations. Lots of stock to add to your collection. The pug sure is a cute one.
Have a great start to February.

Mereknits said...

Happy Belated Birthday Anita. May you have an incredible year. Love all your projects. Have a good weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...