Sunday, December 3, 2017



Never let your friends feel lonely, disturb them at all times.

Buongiorno and good morning my pretty ones. I start my post off with a photo of my darling gym crew. There are a few people missing but they are loved just the same. They make me laugh, chuckle, feel young, work hard and learn. The men in our group are such gentlemen and great fun to tease. 


These gorgeous girls have beautiful faces, yet their greatest beauty radiates from inside. My boxing partner Marie (light blue shirt in top left hand corner) is a machine!! To keep up with her is a challenge.


Our Friday instructor Stephanie (seated) is tough and we thank her for being so. Kosta (right hand side, black top)..his guidance has been priceless. Trish and Sean, married couple who may appear quiet but they are really not. lol Beautiful Jade, she is our mighty warrior!


Bryce (blue top) main instigator of starting water fights and general nice guy.



Even though a couple of days ago it officially became our summer and the heat rolled in weeks ago, I have made a good start on some winter ponchos for next seasons stock. After this year’s winter projects I had so many small balls of left over yarn that I had to think of something different to make to use them. I came across so many poncho patterns and decided that it would be a good way to use these left overs.

 I am very happy with them and made several different sizes.


The other day I was on the computer looking for something to knit that was just a little bit different and I came across a little child’s crossover vest pattern. I fell in love straight away!!!
So the pattern is called Isabella crossover top available on Etsy. Click here for pattern.
 Or...... I'll just leave this here.... I found it on another web page and this is how I made the top.
 
 There are more crocheted shells on the outer strap than on the inside and that's to give it the curve shape. I still need to finish the edging and stitch the buttons on.
 I'm also in the middle of making a girls apron using bright happy colours.
 We are expecting 37C today so I'm thinking I'd better make a start at giving the garden a quick water to help it along and then do the ironing. Yesterday's temperature was a high 36C and Heather & I were at the markets. Boy it was a scorcher out there. It was a very very quiet day for sellers, which was disappointing for all but some good news was that my dear husband had washed my car at home. Many thanks Pix 💘


A good Sunday to you, I wish you health and happiness.
 Ciao, Anita.

6 comments:

Jane said...

you've been busy! Love the colours in the apron

Verbena said...

Bella e simpatica la tua squadra di palestra.
Da noi sta arrivando l'inverno. Buona domenica e buona settimana. Ciao

webbsway said...

O my gosh , I love all the pretty things. Those ponchos are adorable. I have lots of bits of yarn left over from making baby items for charity and that might work for them?

Your gym crew are precious. Nice to see people interested in keeping their health and being nice to others.

Wonder if Pixi would come to US to wash my car??? Of course right now we would have to unload it where I stacked it full of wood today that I busted. I was just too tired to move it to unload it and then clean out the mess??? ~smile~

Julie said...

You have been busy creating again Anita. Love all your new makes. Sorry to read the market was quietish ... things seem to be up & down at the moment still. Yes our temps are getting really hot here too ... I much prefer the cooler temps. Do send your hubby over here anytime he feels like a spare car to wash!!!!

Karen S said...

Hi Anita. I am still catching up. Only just got around to posting my blog a day or so ago. You look like you have a great bunch in your gym group. Always good motivation.
The ponchos are looking fantastic. What a good idea to plan ahead. And the cross over vest looks fascinating. Hope you are lasting in the heat. We are the opposite. Barely 19 and raining.

Mereknits said...

I bet that group really enjoys having you in the mix. Lovely projects Anita. Have a great week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...