Sunday, November 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Milo


In seed time, learn; in harvest,
teach; in winter, enjoy.
William Blake

A wonderful good morning to you all! And a special.......
Happy Birthday Milo
Image result for clip art birthday

Born 31st October......Halloween!!!! (Typical!!!) Just in Milo’s defence he is starting to ease up on his path of terror and slowly turning from the dark side to the light. lol

I’m so precious! Blink blink
Does he want to go outside??? Not a chance. 
I am still chipping away on the baby blanket that is taking a very long time and is now almost complete.
It is knitted in 3ply white, with 248 stitches on my needles. I am now on the homeward stretch with just 60 inches of lace to knit.
 A close up for you, of the lace work. It is a beautiful lace but one I have to keep the pattern in the ready. The complete size when finished will be 122cm x 132 cm. So as you can see, it is a good size blanket. 
I had to go and beg to Heather to sewing around the corners. She's such a friend and you will notice that I never bag off at her ever! lol
 I just adore the pattern
 What is this strange thing you’re asking? Well, most of the Aussie bloggers have likely seen these. This my dear friend is to repell snakes. Not wanting to see snakes in our yard anymore and now that Milo is here, we thought we’d give these a try. Many people we know have these in their yards and say now they aren’t seeing snakes during the hot season. We have 5 of them spread around the yard and they set up a barrier against snakes...oh, and they make a ticking and beeping sound. We’ll give it a go.

Oh! We have chicks. Mother hen has been missing and has now returned from her hiding spot. 
4 fluffy little chicks.

Well gals, fingers crossed that next time I blog I will have a new project on the go. I’m itching to start on some Christmas projects. See how I go then shall we? I hope you are all having a wonderful time with your own projects and life is treating you well.

Ciao, Anita.                        Viva italia

8 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Happy birthday, Milo! He looks very innocent - like he couldn't possibly be on the dark side, LOL!

Beautiful blanket - I imagine a lot of time and love has gone into that - someone's baby is going to be very lucky to be wrapped in it :)

Yes, I'll just pass on snakes in my yard - I don't even remember the last time I saw a snake here, although I used to see a lot of garter snakes in the country when I was growing up. Back then I would pick them up without worry - now I'd walk very VERY fast in the other direction - the older I get, the less I want to see one - yikes!

Maria said...

Happy birthday Milo... You actually made to one?
Your baby blanket is amazing.. Hope you are getting mega bucks for it... Takes lots of time to create..

JoJo said...

Happy birthday Milo! How cute are you?! And the baby blanket is so delicate! I hope your snake repellent thingie works. I wouldn't want to see anything happen to the little chicks.

Karen S said...

Happy Birthday to Milo. He is growing up fast!!
And welcome to your new baby chicks. They are gorgeous.
The work on the baby blanket is stunning. So much detail in that lace work and being in only 3 ply is remarkable. It really is beautiful.
Good luck with your snake deterrents. I will be interested to see what you think after a few months.

primrosesattic said...

Milo you are so cute. Happy 1st Birthday.
Rosezeeta x

Julie said...

Oh Happy Birthday to Milo ... just look at that face Anita ... how could he ever do anything wrong ???!!!! Your baby blanket is just gorgeous Anita - I dont know how you do all that beautiful knitting - it looks huge too.

Gillian said...

Happy birthday to Milo. Your baby blanket is looking gorgeous. I love knitting that type of lace work. I'm so glad we don't have snakes in our garden!

Jane said...

love that baby blanket, reminds me of the one my mum made for me when I had Jonathan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...