Sunday, January 25, 2015

Market day, gifts and UFO's


  Cheerful company
shortens the miles.
-German proverb
Waking up yesterday morning was so much cooler than the morning before....what a relief! We had one of the hottest days I can remember, with it being 46C under the shade! Eekkk! Let’s see what today brings us shall we? Lol

Hey, you've got to go visit this cute blog for heaps of inspiration. I have to warn you, you'll be knocked over.

A fair bit of action has been going on around here this last week. Market day is coming up and I have made a start with these beauties that I have a lot of success with....

 *************************************************

**************************************************
A cute little child’s bag....

It’s wonderful having a cute little niece to spoil as there was never any pink happening in my house as it is full of boys. For my sweet little Shae I made a rather bright, fun cushion to decorate her bedroom....that is full of pink stuff. 

                  
Had to make a tooth fairy doll to go with it of course......

                

and I couldn't possibly throw away the last little bit of that fabulous print, so I made a delicious little cushion with her name stitched on it. I'm so excited for her! lol Pink tie to hang it on something.



Even made something for myself this week. Heather the feather gave me this crazy yarn as part of my birthday gift and I couldn’t take my eyes off it. The minute Heather left my house I had stitches on the needle going for it. I could see a yummy cowl being made. It didn’t matter how many photos I took, the real colour just didn’t show up. The yarn is actually a bright green.


I have managed to end up with some ufo’s....silly me. I have been commissioned to knit a baby blanket and pillow case cover, which I have on the go....


      a crocheted top (also for me) on the go....


and started sewing these beautiful pieces of fabric together.

Before I buzz off, as always, I wish you all a lovely creative week ahead. My thoughts are with John as he faces another round of chemo. May it be Godspeed my friend. xx   
                                                      
Regards, Anita.

12 comments:

primrosesattic said...

Anita what lovely makes.
Rosezeeta

creations.1 said...

Beautiful, fun finishes Anita. I commiserate with you re the 46deg - there is just no escaping the heat when it reaches those temps!! have a wonderful, creative and hopefully cooler week!!

JoJo said...

Boy you are prolific! And I would DIE if it was that hot. I had to do the conversion to F, but 46 is 114. Holy moly.

Maria said...

You have had a busy week again. Shae is lucky to have such a clever Aunt.
Hmm 46 is definitely inside weather.

Kim said...

I clicked on your link and thought for a minute this looks familiar!! It took a minute or two to register!! ;)) Thank you, Anita, you are so very sweet! My goodness how on earth do you cope with 46 degrees??? I simply can't get my head around that. Love all your pinky, girly things. I am not quite sure how a house of boys would have coped growing up with me!! Once again you have amazed me with all those wonderful makes you have churned out this week. Do tell...is there a secret, creative fairy hiding somewhere in your home?? Do tell....I won't tell anyone!!

Mereknits said...

You have been so busy!
Loe your makes.
Meredith

Julie said...

Hello Anita - Loving all your new makes this week, gosh you have been busy again. That tooth fairy pillow & name cushion are just sooo cute. I hope your temps drop a bit more, that is waayyy too hot for me.

Fiona said...

lots of sweetest little goodies you have made....
Hguz

Jane said...

What great fabric for that bag, perfect for a little one. Happy knitting, I have to a baby bag, looking forward to it :)

Karen S said...

Lots on the go for your market stall. I am with you when it comes to sewing in pink. Until the grandchildren arrived I was in an all male household too. It is fun playing with pink at times.
The cowl is lovely and I will try to imagine the right colour.
I am not surprised you get commissions for your knitting - it is beautiful!
Hope your day stayed cool.

Sandra :) said...

Would you believe that the nickname in Canada, for the name Sandra ... is Shae? No? Well, I wouldn't believe it either, but it was a good try, hehe. Love your gifties and projects - especially the adorable beaded dollies in the first photo - so cute - I'm not surprised they sell well! I'm still trying to wrap my head around the 46C weather though - we go over 30C in the summer (not a LOT, mind you) but I don't remember the last time we hit 40C, let alone 46. OUCH. Thank goodness for air conditioning!

Gillian said...

You've been very busy! Love the things you've made for your niece. And I'm sure she'll love them too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...