Sunday, October 14, 2012

Back to work

Vision is the art of
seeing things invisible.
-Jonathan Swift.
 One more sleep and it's back to work for me. My special box I'm taking
back to work is laden with new treasures for the library. I have made a
wonderful start on my Christmas items and here is a cute little
Christmas bag that I enjoyed working on. '
Small Christmas bag 
I have realised that with some
things you don't need a pattern just have a go at creating something
from your own thoughts. There is no particular steps to this bag,
just a simple shape and a strap of no particular size.
I have also made a start on a baby blanket done in candlewicking. 

 
Candlewicking
I had made a similar blanket for Brandon and Cory when they
were babies (and I still have it) and decided it would be fun to
make again for a baby due in February. With February being
one of our hot months the baby parcel I am making will
include sewn gifts as well as knitted things.
I made a funny little thing-a-me-thing too. Just made out of
scraps sewn together. Old fleece material for the ears and
a crocheted edge.
A thing-a-me-jig!
I have recently heard of a craft called Tunisian crochet or trichot.
I had quite a job to find anything as I wasn't
sure how to spell it and what do you know....I
looked up good old faithful and found some info.
I was curious when I saw what looked like a long knitting needle
with a crochet hook end on it. What is this? It is a real in between
 of knitting and crochet. You don't have to turn your work while
you go. You have to see it to get it.
Well time is ticking on and there is much I need to do today, being
the last day of holidays. I'm going to spend it doing all the things
I love.
Cheers to you all,
Anita

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Lovely projects you have there. All good things must come to and end and then we have to go back to work.

Karen said...

Another cute little bag and thing...
Fun!
I haven't done candle-wicking for ages. That's a lovely idea as a baby gift.
Good luck for the first day of term tomorrow. This one always flies by so quickly.

Valspierssews said...

Sometimes the best projects are the ones you make up yourself. The little bag is very cute and I just love the thing-a-me-jig.

Seams Sew Together said...

You have been a busy bee Anita, Love the bag and the thing-a-me-jig.

Lynne said...

It's a hook for Tunisian crochet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...