Saturday, April 21, 2012

Friends for Sally the snail.


Let us not be content
to wait and see
what will happen,
Give us the determination
to make the right
things happen.
-Peter Marshall.

I knew it wouldn’t take long for Sally the snail to have friends. I made these two cuties out of the same fabric colour. They were fun to make but I am wondering what they would look like if I made them a bit bigger!! I don’t have a pattern to go by, though I’m sure you could just make it up as you go, just like I did.

Many of my blogger friends have been asking me what was it that we collected from the city  the other week. Well, I will put you out of your misery and share with you. Hubby and I picked up our new lounge suite. It is a cream colour leather lounge that we had custom made. It is glorious to sit in and smells new and leathery!! Lol. I was a bit sceptical at first as I have never had leather before, but I am very impressed with how soft it is to sit in.

I was shocked at how much the cleaning products cost though, but if you want keep it in good condition you have to just buy the products.I have finished my I-spy quilt finally. The backing took a while as I had run out of lengths of material appropriate for the backing for my quilt. I decided to just join a check yellow with a plain yellow material and it did the job. I finished it just in time as on Monday I go back to work after having a two week holiday.
While I was on holidays I got a phone call to say that the roof was coming of one of the old buildings in town and the caller said they could see signs of shingles under the old tin roof. That was it, in my car I went and off to investigate. This is what I saw! Some beams had no shingles on them but the front part of the building still had the shingles on them. This building was a post office originally. I was hoping to see what was under the round part of the roof but they hadn’t started to pull the tin off the roof yet. I have a funny feeling it might’ve had shingles too as I can see wood peeking out from underneath.


How is everyone finding the new blogger format? This is my first try at it.
Have a great weekend.
Cheers, Anita.

3 comments:

Valspierssews said...

Your snails are so cute. Maybe you need a collection of garden invertebrates. Fascinating finding shingles under the roof tin. I once watched a show where the person found original wall papers under many layers then reproduced the patterns so they could be used for authentic restoration. Love your leather lounge and your quilt looks fabulous. I am not sure what you mean by new blogger format.

webbsway said...

AAAAHHHHH - I caught you sneaking a post!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
I LOVE your new lounge set! Was it worth the wait? ?????

OOO - your snails are precious!

Sue said...

Wow, you have been busy. Love the couches and the shingly roof peeking through.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...