Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oops!! Flat batteries!!

Patience often is a
simple matter of putting
yourself in another's place.


Don't you get annoyed when you go to do a new posting only to discover your camera needs charging? That's what I've done today. I managed one photo and then the camera said 'no'. The new edition of Handmade was lovingly purchased yesterday and so many great craft projects to be had.


I have managed to knit a baby beanie, a baby cardigan and make a start on a short sleeved cardigan for me. For many years I had a big stash of favourite knitting patterns that I made over and over again. I think they were always reliable patterns that I knew were going to knit up well.

In recent times I have decided to have a go at more modern knitting patterns and I have to admit, I have been more than frustrated with them. Some patterns are just done in graph form and are tiny diagrams to follow, some tell you what to do and don't tell you how many stitches you should have before you get to the end of the instructions. Also the terminology used is very different to what I am used to, so instead of just going for it and flying through the pattern, I have to check the abbreviation list, something frustrating for me.

I have know found some new and detailed instructions that I'm getting happy with, so thank goodness for that. On I go with my fantastic weekend, most of the housework is done and this afternoon I plan to do some sort of craft work. Last night I did so much knitting that I'm sure I've caught up with Heather by now. We both purchased new yarn over the last couple of weekends and Heather started her new yarn off before me. Not fair!!!! lol.

Catch you all when I finally get the camera charged and I can show you my completed works.
Cheers, Anita.


1 comment:

Karen said...

I had the same thing happen to me last week with my camera. At least it charges up quickly.
Have fun with the new mag and keep those needles clicking along.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...