Friday, February 25, 2011

Colourful Friday

Ah! there is nothing like
staying at home, for real comfort.
 -Jane Austen, Emma.



What was that noise?.....sound like rain? Yes we had a wee drop
of rain in our part of the world and I'd almost forgotten what it sounded like. Our dry old gardens were very happy yesterday and lapped up every drop it could find. Only trouble was the rain didn't last very long and the humidity was murder! Today is another day, infact it is Colourful Friday and if you visit Robyn's blog you can see what other bloggers have found that have black and white colours. Here is my little collection.
My much loved collection of moo cows in the kitchen, way up high on the shelf. I have another one of these girls somewhere in the kitchen.
An adored piece of fabric that I just can't part with, but haven't done anything with yet......but will do.



Who loves cows then?
 My faithful tape measure who has seen many projects with me.

Hmmm......more cows. I have to say, I am a cow lover!! My kitchen has many moo's decorating it, along with chooks. These two girls are salt and pepper shakers and they have been with me for a very long time.

I had wanted to take snaps of Cory and Brandon's plastic animals, one being a Zebra. Only trouble is that they are in the bedroom and there is no way I'm waking up a sleeping teenager!!!

I had to do my posting early this morning as in a couple of hours the power will be cut off due to repairs in the area. I am staying home today to do some sewing and just as well I have my antique sewing machine that doesn't require electricity. I will have to zoom around later in the day to have a look at the other Colourful Friday girls and see what their great collection of black and white will be.

Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful weekend. Kind regards, Anita.

10 comments:

Valspierssews said...

I love the cows, and you might just have to frame the chicken. She is very cute.

BubzRugz said...

Can't get past black and white cows.... I wonder what you will end up doing with the fabric?
Hugz

Melody said...

Hi Anita,
Great post, but the cows do stand out - just fabulous.

Karen said...

The cows certainly are a big part of your home. Just don't invite the real ones in! I love your tea-pot and I think it is a close match to some of the fabric in my B & W post. We must have similar tastes. Love your black and white collection.

RG said...

Hi Anita,
I finally made it and I hope you had a really productive day today sewing on your antique machine :-) Sounds wonderful and very peaceful!
Love your cows. I like cows too *grin*
Another great collection of B&W!!
Such a fun exercise this time... loving seeing what everyone has done.
Happy Colourful Friday!! xx

Carol said...

Aaaaw I love the cows :)

Micki said...

I love cows and your collection is so cute. I once many years ago worked with cows in a dairy.
Micki

Teresa said...

Love all your black and white Anita, especially those cows!!! Great fabric too and just love that teapot!!! xx

Rebecka said...

Anita, I loved your sisters teapot and cups. And, your chicken fabric piece is cute. You will find the right place for it. How did your sewing go? I would love to have a treadle sewing machine. They're fun! Have a great weekend and I hope your power is back on!

Seams Sew Together said...

Your cows are so cute!! and your teapot is gorgeous! :)

Mandy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...