Wednesday, January 9, 2013







 

When we are chafed and fretted by small cares, a look
at the stars will show us the littleness of our own
interests.
-Maria Mitchell, Maria Mitchell, Life, Letters, and Journals.
Hello, lots of crafting happening around my house! I’ve taken a step
back and realized my house is being invaded by craft work!!
The weather has been pretty intense throughout Australia and
in our parts it’s been terribly hot. So in the early hours of the
morning I water the garden, tend to the chooks, do whatever
I have to do outside and then stay indoors. So while I’ve been living
by that rule I have made a stack of things. Here are some of the things I have been making.
Meet my hand puppets. 
He and she
They have just been made out of scraps and no particular pattern. I think that if you find a basic hand puppet design you could make your own and just add whatever you like. It's all about being creative.
 
Mr. Hedgie
The pattern for Hedgie is here.
Another thread catcher....thanks for getting me hooked Fiona. It's for my own good. lol.


 
Another needle case, thanks to the person listed above.
A beaut little pair of shorts that are made from a long pants pattern.

Sweet shorts
Very easy pattern and if you would like to have a go at it, click here.
Baby mittens, my own design.

 
Using 4 ply and size 10 needles cast on 43 sts. Knit 14 rows garter stitch.
K1, *yfwd, K2tog, repeat from * to end of row.
Knit 1 row.
Stocking stitch for 20 rows.
*K2, K2tog, repeat from* to last stitch K1.
Purl 1 row.
K2, *K2tog, K1, repeat from * to last 2 stitches, K2.
Purl 1 row.
*K2tog, repeat from * to last stitch, k1.
Leave a long tail of yarn and thread it back through remaining 12 stitches. Sew up seam using the long tail of yarn. Thread ribbon through eyelet holes.
Nothing warms my heart more than to see Father and Son working together, doing man stuff.
 
 
 


 The poor things threw themselves in the pool after digging the trench on this hot day.
I've had a great week chatting with my blogging friends and having some wild conversations and laughs. Thanks for the giggles girls. Have a wonderful day.
Cheers, Anita. 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Karen said...

It's always good to watch someone working! :)
Glad to see you still get to sew, even with the heat. And this is still very early heat, the worst is still to come.
Love the projects, especially the hedgehog.

Jane said...

Oh, wow! You have been busy, and such a variety of projects too. Looks like you've been in the best place

Sandra :) said...

Wow Anita - you've been busy creating - I think I need to add hand puppets to my list of things to make for the g-niece/nephews - I think they'd have fun with them!

My husband and both sons are electricians (well, DS2 is still an apprentice for another year or so). They all work for the same company, but rarely work together. When the 3 of them get home from work, it's an electrical conference that goes RIGHT over my head :D I love listening to them talking about this "thing" that they have in common - they discuss work, and methods, and tools, and rules - I wonder if hubby even realizes how lucky he is that his kids are following in his footsteps in the trade he chose so many years ago!

Quilt Kitty said...

Well you are Miss Prolific - great range of projects. I am loving Mr Hedgie! Tracee xx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fiona said...

You have done such a lot Anita and all sorts of fun things... it was so great to see you using my needlecase tutorial... thank you.... I love the ones you have made...
Hugz

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...