Sunday, October 28, 2012

Oh happy days


I still have the best comforts in life –

books and friendships – and I trust

never to lose my relish for either.

-Mary Russell Mitford, Letters of Mary Russell Mitford
Hello there!! Had a glorious day out yesterday with Heather and boy did we have fun!! The aim of the trip was to visit Spotlight and we did......we hit that place big time!! My mission was to buy baby material and baby wool/cotton to make baby stuff before the stork lands around this neck of the woods. I was also on the hunt for Christmas material and in Spotlight you find everything. Here are some of the things I found...
I’m over the moon!!
Baby yarn
I have used the Big baby yarn before and I'm very pleased with the results it gives. There are no nasty little surprise knots in the skein and it knits up very soft indeed. It is a lovely 4 ply yarn and made in Australia.
I don't recall having knitted with the Minka cotton but I will try my hand at it. As two of the babies I am knitting for are due in the hot months I thought I would do some cotton knitting, a bit different to what I'm used to. Actually there was a big range of cottons so Heather and I cruised around the isles having a good look......of course Heather played up so I made her hold on to the trolly and walk around until she decided to behave!!
On a recent trip to the local library I found a book called 'Cucumber sheep' . Strange title? yes I know, but what a great read it is. Two city ladies are called to look after a farm out in the Kellerberrin area in the 1950's and what a job they do. They go through all sorts of experiences. I can't put the book down. 

Fantastic read!
I'm having fun knitting and sewing for the little dolls living in the doll's house and I'm starting to get a little collection happening now. It's funny watching what the kids do with the doll's house in the library. In true year 7 form, they stuck one of the dolls in the oven, a couple of the year 4's stuck a doll down the toilet and for the rest of the kids, well....they're pretty normal with the dolls. lol.

Dolly fun
Today is rest day around here, that's after I've done the ironing. I hope to get some baby patterns cut out ready for sewing. I have nice material to make some summer pants for baby. I'm going to try and have a balanced day today.....chocolate in both hands!!!
Cheers,Anita

5 comments:

Leanne said...

beautiful fabrics and wool. have fun creating.

Karen said...

Love seeing all your goodies. Lots of loot.
Lovely colour in those booties.
That book does look interesting. I do enjoy reading about people from our past.
Those dolls are in for a strange time. Good luck with the clothes.
Yes, chocolate!!

lovestitch said...

Oh such beautiful treasures! :)
I really enjoy your crafting stuff - they are adorable!
Thank you for stopping by my blog. Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Best, LS

Valspierssews said...

Loved reading your post. I too like to hit Spotlight. I can never resist their pretty Christmas fabrics. The book sounds interesting. I will have to see if my library has it. I have a Sylvanian's doll house and lots of extras that my neighbour's daughters like to come and play with. I laughed one day when I saw that one on them put the mat in the playground they made so the 'children' wouldn't get prickles in their feet.
Have fun making baby things.

Lynne said...

I quite enjoy my little excursions to Spotlight too. But I usually go on my own; now that the Grandsons are toddlers, DD and I don't like to take them with us so she doesn't often get the chance to come with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...