Wednesday, April 6, 2011

We're a weird mob.

Art and knowledge
bring bread and honour.
-Danish proverb.




A kind workmate of mine presented me with a gift on Monday morning at work......

This isn't going to help me get my housework done!!! lol. These little beauties were in an old house and things were being sold and rehomed. So the beads came to me. I am so happy to have them I must admit. They just need a scrub and a soak and they'll be as good as new.
I am still slowly knitting for some favourite people of mine and I have now got a large collection of knitted baby gear. Soon I will be knitting for the premature babies at one of our hospitals in Western Australia. The size of the jackets are tiny and unbelieveable.
On Friday we all managed to go out together as a family and it was wonderful to have both of our boys with us at the same time. The day was spent shopping together and then stopping off for lunch and a nice browse through Spotlight. When we got to a shop called Big bubble, we had the time of our life. Cory and Brandon found the dress up section and what a laugh we all had. Some things never change and when the boys were little, we had the best dress up box you ever did see. So when we were in Big bubble all the hats had to get tried on.



I know the photo's are blurred, but I was so excited that we were all together and I was allowed to take the pics!!! Talking about 'Pix', even the Father of those crazy boys is into dressups. Looks lovely in pink. lol.

My two petals below!! Some things never change.

So as you can see we had a great day in the shops and I might add things didn't change on the drive home. We had such fun. The weekend just got better as it unfolded too. We had a cousins day, with Ryan and Jarrod coming over on Sunday for the afternoon. They played with the toy animals and people collection. Yesterday I had a phone call from Heather asking to come over for a quick not-for-any-reason visit, and in her hot little paws were yummy home made biscuits. She is such good value and fun to be with.

Looks like it's time for a nice hot cup of tea and another one of those lovely home-baked biscuits. I hope to have a baby jacket finished tonight and can show you next time. Cheers, Anita.











3 comments:

Maria said...

I am sure you will put those beads to good use Anita.
Oh what a lovley fun day with your family. You did make me laugh.

Karen said...

Hi Anita.
I am back on deck and catching up on everyone's blogs. Looks like you and your family had a fun crazy time together with your shopping.Are you on holidays yet? Good luck with all the knitting!!

Valspierssews said...

Lots of nice beads there. Like a treasure chest! Looks like you all had a great time together :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...