Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More piratemania.

The great man is he who
does not lose his child's heart.
-Mencius.

I have finally finished my secret project. If you have been following my blog, you will know I have gone pirate mad.......
With all the scraps and bits of material that have been either given to me or from leftover from projects, I have put them together to make the border of this cute parrot/pirate quilt. I was flicking through an older edition of Simply patchwork & stitching (Vol 10. No.2)....
 and found this beaut little wall quilt....right up my alley I must say. So I set off to work and got stuck into it. The finished size is about 12 x 16 inches. My wall quilt is going to the school library to be included in a pirate display and I still have to find a toy pattern to make a parrot.

I have now turned my sights onto another project and have sewn up the pieces.....



Well? What is it you say? Too bad...you have to wait and see what it turns into. Ha Ha. Now I'm scaring my boys to bits as I bought a tin of paint to redo the bathroom and that bright green you can see in the picture above.....I think that is close to the colour of the paint I chose!!!!! I'm busting out you guys!! I will start the painting at the later part of the week.

I've decided to give the bathroom a shake up. To help me out I have gone to the library and taken out two bathroom books to give me some ideas.
I have seen some of the Terence Conran books before and they are full of different ideas. Some you like and some you can do without, but certainly all are very interesting. I rather like looking through the house decorating books, some of the decorating guru's out there are pretty amazing. I am partial to Randy Florke, he is one of those people who can shuffle different pieces of furniture and decorating items together and make a house look a million bucks.

I hope you can take a minute to say a prayer or have a thought about those people over in Queensland who are suffering at the hands of Mother Nature and all the flooding. To my blogging friends who have been affected by the floods, my thoughts are with you.

Kind regards, Anita.

3 comments:

Micki said...

That looks like such a neat magazine. Enjoy your projects!
Micki

Sue-Anne said...

Cute little wall quilt Anita. I'm sure the kids will love it!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Your pirate quilt is wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...