Sunday, January 28, 2018




Control what you can,
confront what you can't.

 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
Well....hello there!!!! I'm a little late at posting today but better late than never.  We have battled through the last couple of weeks, come out on top and we march on. I'm so glad for the wonderful people I have around me, both at home and in lovely blog land.
Last Wednesday my gym gang said farewell to one of our crew. Lovely Mandy is leaving us and heading back over to the eastern states of Australia. Mandy is one of those earthy, warm, hilarious people that we all need to meet.









She is also the only person I have ever come across that plays solitaire on her phone while warming up. lol (I had to dob her in many times to the instructor!!).🤣🤣😙😙


Thank you for all the laughs cheeky girl, we miss you already.




In the meantime......there has been more crocheting to do and though I have tried to 'will' old age away, my middle finger has become very sore and a little swollen. I know that I have gone wild and made lots and lots of new winter stock for the markets next year and this is why my finger is very sore.

Just finding some left over cotton yarn can cause me to crochet a couple of woolly hat and bootie sets....



and set me off to crochet more in baby yarn as well. lol

As I've had a couple of stressful weeks, I have looked for small signs of positivity and have found them. All these goods were for sale over the net for only......$15.00!!!!!! 3 beautiful pots and a pretty statue. The problem was that the lady selling them lived almost an hour away so getting them was going to be a problem. A friend of mine said her son was coming home from the city and could drop in and pick them up. 

So two positive things (the friend and the score of getting these gorgeous things). I feel so blessed. Milo had to investigate straight away. Sniff sniff.

Then today as we were driving around, my husband spotted a pot and stand at the side of the road for collection.  
They're awesome!!
I was so happy about all this so I crocheted a little owl hat. lol


It doesn't matter what gets thrown your way, always try to find the good and positive in things. It does help soothe things, even if it is just a small happening.

Tomorrow all the staff are back at work. I already sobbed last week when I had to go back to work, now the rest will too. 🥀🤣
I wish you all a beautiful week ahead. May it be filled with happiness and good health.


Ciao, Anita.

6 comments:

Mereknits said...

You always make me smile Anita, thank you.

JoJo said...

I love your life...and those awesome scores!

Julie said...

Hi Anita ... loving your new baby hat/bootie sets. You do such an amazing job of them. Your new roadside finds are pretty amazing too ... you would've had to fight me off for that wonderful iron stand!! Lucky we were'nt in the car together. Hope you have a great week.

Maria said...

It's always sad when a friend leaves but you have many fun memories...
So many pretty baby sets. Love the soft mint set.
Nice find and it's great someone was able to pick them for you...

tesselleelle said...

Ciao Anita, bellissima la tua squadra di ginnastica, chissà quanto sono felici di lavorare con te!
Mi piacciono molto i sets per bimbi che hai fatto, quanto sono teneri........il berretto con il gufo troppo forte......salutami quel curiosone di Milo (hi hi hi) un abbraccio grande,
Laura

Karen S said...

We make a great team - you late posting and me late commenting. Oh, dear!
I am pleased to see you seek out the positives and make the most of opportunities.
Great bargain on the first lot of pots and an even better score on the second. They will be perfect in your garden.
The little hat and bootie sets are adorable as always and the owl hat is fun.
How are you now the week has ended? Hope the weekend is relaxing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...