Sunday, January 21, 2018



Never stop learning because life never stops teaching

...............




Good Morning to you all! I'm thinking that today my choice of clothing will be my underwear and a towel......we're in for another hot steamy day. Yesterday I was out at a friend's farm and when they checked the temperature it read 42C! Today...only...37C. What is your temperature forecast for today?


I celebrated my birthday on the 17th of January and just look at these beautiful flowers. My sons girlfriend bought them for me. Thank you beautiful Emma. It's frightening how similar we are to each other, and very handy when we need to gang up on my son. lol




During this long hot week and as crazy as it sounds, I still charged on with my crocheting and my plan to restock the baby sets for next winters markets. I was very successful and I think now I will turn my attention to making some Bun beanies.





Pony tail beanies seem to be coming into vogue, have any of you heard of them? They are simply a woolly hat that has an open end for a pony tail or bun to come out of. I think they might be fun!! I will make a few and see how they go. If you look up on google images you will see what I am talking about.

For now I show you some other little projects I have been making. This little crocheted cap was made using cotton and fits a new born baby. I love the shell pattern for the brim.
A little vest done in navy and white...cute for a little boy.
Just for something different I did some stitching this week too. This little creation is a mug bag. It closes by pulling two ribbon tabs tight and the cup is nestled inside.
Heather bought me this yummy ball of yarn that I can't wait to use. Goodness...it is so soft!!!! Heather the feather and I went out for morning tea on my birthday. We went to our favourite cafe down the main street, and Heather was so well behaved that day....she must've had a headache. 🤣🤣🤣

Of all my projects this week I think this is my favourite one of them all. I had recently purchased this yarn and couldn't wait to find the right project to use it. A poncho and woolly cap was an excellent choice. I loved the pattern, I loved every bit of making it and even enjoyed the end details that usually I moan about ie sewing in ends; stitching on attachments etc.

This little vest I was working on when I posted last time, but here it is finished and with the matching woolly hat. I thought adding a little teddy bear face was a fun idea.
Even though I possibly should've used a deeper tone for his face you can still notice him clearly. I simply could not find a deeper tone in my yarn stash.







I spent a little time surfing the Internet and came across some hanging tea towels. Instead of the usual crochet tops I found these material topped tea towels. I thought I might give them a go. I found a free template and made a few of them. I actually like them and I liked making them. For me this is a deal breaker. 

How about you? Do you ever see a project that you just have to make and while you're making it you realize that it's not a project you are enjoying to make? Well this one was one I loved making.





Well my pretty ones...I am off to tackle the day. As always, I am the only one awake yet, all the males are still sleeping. Lions and lionesses crossed my thoughts just then. lol 

I send you all good wishes and happiness wherever you are. A good Sunday to you all. 💕💕💕💕

Ciao, Anita.

8 comments:

Karen S said...

Happy Birthday, Anita. It looks like you had a lovely day.
It is always lovely to see your projects and you certainly been busy. I think the teddy face is delightful.
Hope you can last through the heat. We had 42 on Friday but are down to 28 today. At least we get a break.

Maria said...

Happy belated Birthday .. Pleased Heather the Feather and you had a lovely nice birthday morning tea..
You have been very busy making lots of beautiful projects...

Julie said...

Belated Birthday Wishes Anita. Gosh you have been busy as usual. I love all your new creations but especially love the teddy bear set!! That new yarn from Heather the feather looks wonderful too. I have made those hanging handtowels before - they are fun & simple to make & people seem to like a practical item. Have a great week Anita Xx

Stefania said...

Accipicchia certo che avete proprio caldo dalle vostre parti.
La temperatura che ci aspettiamo oggi invece è sui 2/3 gradi.

Bellissimi i fiori che hai ricevuto per il compleanno e tanti auguri anche se in ritardo di qualche giorno.

I tuoi lavori a maglia sono bellissimi, anche se non capisco come tu riesca con tutto quel caldo a lavorare, io quando fà troppo caldo mi "spengo".

busybusybeejay said...

it was my birthday on the 16th January.Unfortunately it was a very stressful day,not what we had planned,as my daughter started the day in A &E and was diagnosed with pneumonia.She is a Type 1 diabetic so very poorly.I spent my birthday worried sick! thankfully she is now on the mend.
Temperature here day is freezing point and we have had snow.Please send me some sunshine!

Verbena said...


TANTI AUGURI!!!!!!!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
BUON COMPLEANNO, Anita

tesselleelle said...

Tanti Auguri Anita! anch'io ho appena compiuto gli anni il 19 gennaio! bellissimi i fiori che hai ricevuto.
Mia cara condivido vivamente il tuo motto in alto nella home page, ho pensato questo, da sempre.
Mi piacciono molto questi ultimi lavori, tutto bello, gli orsetti sono teneri teneri, cappellini, strofinacci, il sacchetto mug troppo simpatico...insomma mi piace tutto.
Se penso ai gradi che ci sono li da te mi sembra incredibile, qui fa ancora molto freddo siamo ancora a gradi 0.
Ti abbraccio e ti saluto con affetto,
Laura

JoJo said...

Happy birthday!!! Glad you had a good one! Love all your projects as usual. Stay cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...