Sunday, January 7, 2018



I have been putting a lot of thought into it and I just don't think being an adult is going to work for me!


Well hello there!!! Yes....I've started my post off in the same manner in which I have acted all week....silly, teasing and looking for mischief (and I did find it). I think I have settled down at the minute. lol
What makes me happy?....
Spending time with special people like Chris and Neville. These two lovelies are the sort of friends everyone should surround themselves with. They bring true friendship, laughter and warmth  in their hearts. Thanks for sharing time with me guys it was such fun. Honk! Honk!


Happy La Befana


To all my Italian friends, I hope you enjoyed celebrating the 6th of January with La Befana!! In Italian folklore, Befana is an old woman who delivers gifts to children throughout Italy on Epiphany eve (the night of January 5) in a similar way to Santa Claus. I wonder if I would've received candy or coal (it is said that naughty kids might get coal...that might've been me) lol.

Beanies = woolly hats

My house has turned into the house of woolly hats!!!! I will definately have a good stock pile for next winter. I can see that there is more space in my storage containers now that I've been using up the small balls of yarn. I am so pleased about that.


 These are the lengths of yarn I am talking about when I say I can't throw them out!!! I know it sounds crazy but when you grow up having very little of anything, you just can't bring yourself to be wasteful. Well that is for me anyway. And all of these 'little' pieces have actually been used in making the woolly hats. Notice the very first circle I have made on the hats?....that is how much yarn I used for the 1st circle.

While I have had the chance to clean up my yarn collection, I have come across a very clever idea to store balls of yarn so it doesn't tangle. These little zip lock bags are perfect, I wish I'd seen this idea years ago. I just imagine how much stress it would've saved Heather the feather when she saw my tangled yarn!!! lol

Oh, I don't think I've told you that when Heather and I have a cup of tea together she can't keep her hands to herself....she has to untangle every ball of wool I'm using. It is a joke that we share. When using yarn, I pull the thread from the middle of the ball and Heather uses the yarn from the outside. I'm right and she's wrong!! lol
I've had to stop working on these car dash mats because I can't find my length of black material. I'm really annoyed.


feeling happy.....




I always love walking around the garden and when I find a flower in bloom. Finally I have my beautiful red geranium in flower. I have been waiting for her.

  ...and my hibiscus.
 Now I show you my treasure.....I want to sit on my backside and start clapping my hands and my feet together I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a lemon tree!!!!!😊😊😊 The variety is Lisbon semi dwarf and apparently that is a good choice to plant in containers. I am unsure of the location to place one in the ground of our yard so I thought I would have one in a container to start with and then go from there. Maybe Verbena could help me here? 💝💝


Sharing a funny moment of Milo running up and down near the bird cage chasing a mouse.
 Then he sees Mum. lol
 Oh well...she's not so scary, I'll just keep going.
 A photo of my precious youngest son Cory. He doesn't like his photo being taken so I have to sneak them when I can. He is deep in thought here watching Milo. I smile when I notice he has been wearing headphones by the shape of his hair! We have the best conversations together. 💖


I wish you all a good Sunday and hope it is filled with laughter, joy and heaps of coffee.
Ciao, Anita.

6 comments:

JoJo said...

My old boss used to ask me to untangle her yarn balls cause she'd get so frustrated! It's great to use up bits and bobs in craft supplies and organize what you have! I finally organized my embroidery floss over the summer. Makes it much easier to find stuff!

Mereknits said...

Well done using the scarps of yarn Anita. I love your energy and zest for life. Have a wonderful week.

Julie said...

Glad you are managing lots of creative time Anita .. your scrap basket hats look amazing ... all the colours of the rainbow. Your garden is looking great too. Happy Week to you.

Karen S said...

Great collection of hats you have made. Yes, great for using up all those little pieces.
Smart move using the ziploc bags. They are handy for so many things. What would we do without them?
Lovely to see a few flowers around, even in the heat. And good luck with your lemon. I can't do without my lemon tree!
So, did Milo catch the mouse?

Verbena said...

Dear Anita, non conosco come sono gli inverni da te. La pianta di limone cresce bene dove le temperature non scendono sotto lo zero. Io ne ho avuta una in un vaso con ruote, in inverno la portavo in veranda.
Ciao cara, questa settimana sono impegnata con la mia nipotina.
Buona settimana.

Francesca said...

ciao anita, ho sempre avuto la mania di buttare tutto, invece da un po' di tempo ho pensato che sia utile lasciare delle cose perche' vengono sempre utili, in effetti la mia coperta granny e' nata proprio per questo motivo e specialmente nei giri iniziali, ho messo tanti piccoli avanzi di lana rendendola molto colorata

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...