Saturday, February 10, 2018




Knowledge is knowing what to say.
Wisdom is knowing whether or not to say it.
Hello my lovely friends! I missed you all last weekend, I hope you were behaving in my absence? Heather the feather and I were at the markets last weekend, so the time good and well slipped us by. 

It was a sorry affair at the markets as the small crowds came with very little money in their pockets. At this time of year the parents have spent their money on school books, clothing and fees, so understandably cash is short. Many of the stall holders did not sell much and even our fruit man ended up giving much of his stock away. He is always sold out by 11am so you can understand the situation of the day.

Never mind, I can always see funny photos of  Milo and all is good again.




To tell you about my beautiful week with my craft work. I have managed to build up a little collection of yarn again...you know those little pieces I can never throw away. It was time to make a start on another colourful cushion and here are a few squares. They are just in the granny square pattern but I love them.



These little baby booties are just so cute and if you are like me, a beginner with the crochet, this is a simple pattern.
  I had some fun in the last couple of weeks also making doll ponchos and matching woolly hats. This doll is an 18 inch doll, so there are many free patterns floating around on the internet to choose from.
 A basic woolly hat with an added flower on the side. How bad were the markets? A little girl wanted her mother to buy her this set for her doll and the Mother told the little girl.....Ponchos are too hot for your doll to wear right now.
Image result for emoji faces


So anyway.....

I decided to have a bit of fun crocheting with cotton yarn and made this little short sleeved top and booties. Very easy to make, though I think if I make it again I will try to attach a button rather than ties. If you want the pattern for the top, click here.



I don't know how long messy bun hats have been around but I think they are only starting to come into fashion around my parts. I've decided to make some to see how they look. I love them!!! I don't have the right ....hair for these but someone will love them. I have made a heap of them now but I have them packed away. This is the only one I have for show.



If you want an easy pattern and would like to make one...this is the pattern I used. Click here.

I love to show these pink flowers in the pot every now and then in case Elisa or Federica happen by my blog. They bought this as a farewell gift for me last year when they were here from Italy. I have managed to keep it alive. I think of them both all the time.

Our big hero, fearless lion, brave one....asleep on the job.

New cushions made for all my outdoor seats! I had some beautiful bright fabric just sitting in my material stash...forever!....so I made the decision to make something out of it. I went to the op shop hoping to find some round cushions (something I never have any luck finding) and was lucky enough to find two of them. So I made the cushion covers with zips and then a long cushion for the bigger seat. I am pretty happy with the outcome and so glad they were still attached to the seats the next morning. I was worried Milo would like them too. lol




Two more cushions made for the markets......


More woolly hat and bootie sets too.



Well my friends it is time for me to head off. I decided to write this post and publish it on Saturday night as Sunday I have a full work load of house work. It has been nice sitting here writing at a leisurely pace but I now want to stalk find my husband and annoy him...just because it's the fun thing to do.


Ciao everyone!
Anita.


6 comments:

Kim said...

I did giggle at the mum's statement to her daughter re dolly being too hot if she were to wear the lovely poncho in this weather!!! How fabulous!!! Gorgeous post filled with colour-filled pretties. I am in love with your garden setting, Anita. Looks like the perfect place to enjoy a cuppa and a little crocheting. Yes, it is a 'poor' time of the year. Don't worry, everything will fly off your table at the next market.

JoJo said...

Parents have to be so creative when telling their kids 'no'. hahaha Love the silly pics of Milo. I was wondering if you have any hand or wrist pain from repetitive motion. My thumb is really bugging me cause I haven't stopped cross stitching. I need to take a break but I don't want to.

Karen S said...

Yes, it is not a good time for spending for many people - school costs and paying off Christmas bills as well. I suppose the only plus side is that you are building up a good stockpile for the busier months.
Love seeing what you are creating. The doll sets are delightful. And of course all the hats and bootees are lovely.
Good luck with keeping the cushions on the seats with Milo around. They add a lovely touch of colour.

Julie said...

Gorgeous creations again Anita. I find too at this time of year, no one has any spare money - along with school returning, there are christmas credit card bills to pay!! I hope your next market stall is more profitable for you both. At least you have dear Milo to make you smile always!!

Stefania said...

un post super ricco di lavori manuali uno più bello dell'altro.
La bambola vestita a puntino è favolosa.

Un abbraccio a Milo, che è troppo forte!

tesselleelle said...

Che dire Anita, i tuoi post sono sempre bellissimi e versatili...tanti, tanti lavori per tutti i gusti mi piace tutto anche quel salottino da giardino con cuscini in fiore, il berretto originale penso che lo farò per mia figlia, TI ringrazio per il link. TI saluto con affetto,
Laura

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...