Sunday, May 31, 2015

Faith grows as I do
the simple things I know

how to do.


Well, a glorious Good morning and Buongiorno to you all! I have woken up to a sunny autumn’s day, with heaps of birds chirping, hardly any sound of traffic and the fire still burning. What more could one ask for? Lol
Image result for flowers clip art
I have been busy with some secret projects this week and can’t share them with you just yet, so it’s a bit light on with show and tell. Next week I will show and tell them. I was busy this week filling orders for headbands and while I was at it a fantastic idea came to me.

I happened to be looking out the library door at work when our aboriginal aide Lizzy walked by with one of the students who had a headband on that I had knitted for her. It suddenly came to me that I should knit some headbands in the aboriginal colours. I asked Lizzy about them and she was over the moon.......she ordered three of them straight away. How excited was I!!!

 National Sorry Day

On Tuesday 26th May, Australians across the country acknowledged National Sorry Day. It is a day to remember and commemorate the mistreatment of the country's indigenous population.
Image result for aboriginal clip art

A couple of my new headband additions.
A glorious walk through the garden : the marvellous shade of pinks and such a beautiful smell. Sometimes it is nice to just slow down, and really take in the wonder of mother nature.

 How pretty is this? Gorgeous I say.
 A trip to the local library was a winner for me. I’m flicking through these pages like a wild woman.
Brandon and I had just finished looking out across the incredible view in front of us, we were both overwhelmed. The Colosseum, in Italy.....a place where so many perished. I am also Sorry for all those souls taken.

Image result for clip art roses
We are having a long weekend here in Western Australia to celebrate Western Australia Day, so tomorrow I am going to enjoy my extra day.

Well sweeties......I’m buzzing off now. Enjoy this wonderful day and I hope you spend your time doing the things you love to do.
Cheers, Anita.
Image result for clipart italy

6 comments:

JoJo said...

I love the aboriginal colours! Glad you are enjoying your fall weather. I can't believe how fast this year is going by! It's almost June!

Julie said...

Hi Anita,. we have a long weekend here in N.Z, too. The aboriginal colours did surprise me as they are the exact same colours of the region here that I live in, the Waikato. I had never heard of National Sorry Day & think what a wonderful idea to have a day to remember. Your rose looks just beautiful - have a great week Anita.

Jane said...

That pink spiky one looks very interesting :) Look forward to seeing all your secret projects

Maria said...

What a great idea to do the indigenous head bands.. The other ones are pretty too.
Haven't we had beautiful days! Love your pretty Rose and we have planted several Hakea Pincushion trees on the block. I love them.
Enjoy your extra day off. Can't wait to see Allison to see the tea cosy...

Karen S said...

The headbands have turned out really well. They look great.
Hope you have thoroughly enjoyed your extra day on the weekend.

Astrid said...

You've been busy! Love your headbands and such a great idea to do them in aboriginal colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...