Sunday, December 11, 2011

Three and a half working days to go.

Just as water reflects the face,
so one human heart reflects another.
-Proverbs 27:19


I'm counting down the days left to work because I've been asked to make some toys for another school library in town....and I can't wait.  In the meantime I have finished this cute little knitted mouse. Sweet eh?


To my surprise, I actually managed to take a decent photo of the mouse!!! Crikey, I must be getting a hang on how to use this camera. If you would like to knit this mouse, click here. I have slightly changed a few things, like how I have placed the legs. It is knitted in 8ply, so it doesn't take long to make. Have a go!

I'm really getting into the Christmas spirit, here are two Santa's, no pattern sorry, just out of the top of my head. The bodies are made from my basic doll pattern, but the red costume is just hit and miss.




Pixie and I took a quick trip to the suburbs today, to do some special shopping. I had to stop in at Spotlight (how dreadful) and found this sweet thing. It is getting tucked away for a special 'chick' friend of mine that I bother all the time.

 Was anyone lucky enough to see the lunar eclipse last night? Over in the Eastern states of Australia there was going to be a red glow to the whole thing, I don't know yet how that went. but here in the west you could see the eclipse unravel. I took a photo of the beginning of it, but as the night wore on, the whole moon was covered. All of us were outside with binoculars, telescope and camera, just enjoying the view. I didn't dare talk about vampires and stuff, my lot would quiver!!


We've got tiling, washing, watering and cleaning going on here today. Very hot in this part of the world, however we are at the start of our summer season. I so can't wait to start the holidays and getting stuck into making toys. Enjoy the last part of the weekend and take care. Kind regards, Anita.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Cute critters you've been making...all by the light of a shrinking moon maybe!

Karen said...

Nearly there. maybe you can count hours instead of days!
Cute mouse and santas.
Good find at Spotlight. They do have a sale at the moment on all Christmas goodies. I may need to check on that.
No moon viewing for us. Only clouds.
Have a lovely last few days.

Valspierssews said...

Cute little softies. Thanks for the mousie pattern link.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...