Sunday, October 31, 2010

Material galore!

The cheerful birds their airy carols sing,
And the whole year is one eternal spring.
-Ovid, Metamorphoses

I have been having fun this week looking through the stash of material given to me by Ruth. I have known Ruth for many years and it is her fault I'm wild on patchwork and sewing. Have to blame
someone! lol. Here are some of the treasures I have found and will use.
These little beauties will be stitched up and used as a wall hanging in the library.
I can't wait.
Hmm Lovely blocks aren't they? There are quite alot of these blocks and some just have to
be stitched up and away I go. I'm not sure what I will do with this yet.
The bag below is one of the bags Ruth gave to me and this one holds all
the different assortments of material. Another bag of equal size has the wadding, material and blocks
for the quilt. I am really excited, I always find lots of great stuff in these bags.
My chooks have been busy girls too and yesterday when I went to collect the
eggs I found the strangest looking egg I ever did see. I have been told the chooks
could be lacking in calcium that is why the egg is all creased. They do get shell grit everyday, so I will
have to look into that one. The shell was not soft it was hard!
It tasted nice!

Today is a slack day even though it shouldn't be! I have been nursing a niggling headache so I have watched my ironing pile up and the washing continues. I'm trying to will it to go away. I have teenagers cruising around the
house, that may have something to do with the head ache. Ha Ha. They are precious really.

I have been busily working away on some tea cosies, and will show them next time, knitting a bag too, will
show that next time as well. Hope you're enjoying this lovely weekend and all the best for the week ahead.
Kind regards, Anita.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

ohh jealous muchly what joy oyu must have sifting through the bag..I sure hope the niggly heady goes away..yep strange how chooks can give you wrinkly eggs eh?..ohh tea cosies eh..oh and a bag busy beaver you is,cheers vickie

Bev C said...

Hello Anita,

Ruth is a great friend to have!!!! Hope those eggs and hens get there act together. Saw some chooks today doing something I haven't seen before one chook was sitting down scratching dirt onto itself and about 5 hens around her pecking the dirt of her. I think she liked the mini massage.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope your headache has improved! Wow - that egg sure looks interesting texture to the shell. How nice to have fresh free range eggs available.

Your new stash of fabrics look great - I am sure you will put them to good use.

Country Whispers said...

Oh how much fun it would be to go through another stitcher's fabric remnants. I love those bright colors in the animal blocks. I'm sure you will put them to good use in whatever you create.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...