Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oh how did that wool get here?

I don't need a certain number of friends,
just a number of friends I can be certain of.
-Alice Walker.

My first week back at work was wonderful! It is so great
to be back there. I was given a fabulous baby jacket
pattern to knit, so I went to the craft shop and
purchased 2 balls of a lovely green 4 ply baby wool.
As I was about to start knitting I realised that I was
meant to be knitting in 8ply!! So naturally I had to
find another pattern and knit up the green wool first.
Then I went down town and purchased these 2 balls
of 8ply.
I am almost finished the green baby jacket....
The pattern is actually a basketweave design, but it doesn't
show up that way in this photo. I have made the back, fronts, sleeves, bands, collar and just need to sew it all up. I will show
it when it is stitched together.

I am almost finished with my Space banner as well, just a few bits
to go there and it's ready for displaying at the library.
I need to still add some shapes where all the empty bits are.

A nice visit to the local library and I found some terrific books, so they came home with me.
The knitted dog coats book has some wonderful patterns
for dogs. Our Max is 10 years old this November, so I think
next winter he might feel the weather more, I noticed this year
he wasn't as comfortable as usual.

The other knitting book has some great dress-ups designs in it.
Ancient Egyptian dress and head band, a mermaid costume, pirates, cushions and lots of other interesting things. So I will be busy.

I went to the Op shop and found some toy stuffing again and these
wooden handles to go with a bag I will make.

Hope you all are enjoying the Commonwealth games, we have enjoyed them. Lovely weather this weekend, just right for gardening, knitting and sewing.
Catch you all again.
Kind regards, Anita.

2 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Anita,

Oh that is a lovely bright green jumper.The space banner is coming along nicely, will Buzz be making an appearance. Good buys at the op-shop.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Country Whispers said...

Can't wait to see the finished baby jacket. I truly wish that I could get the grasp of knitting but it doesn't come that easy to me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...