Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sliding one in

Cheerful company
shortens the miles.
-German proverb


I'm sliding a quick one in here.
I might be out of action for a few days
so I thought I would
quickly show you some of my
knitting .
This will be the second drop off
at the chemist for knitted items to go to
Guardian Angel. The little top made in 8 ply is for a
small child. Infact the arms are about 4 inches long!

Some little guy will be nice and
warm in it. Also made were a few more beanies.
This winter in Australia will be really
cold, so I figure that beanies will be
needed and appreciated.
You may have seen some of these colours before,
I am trying to reduce my stash of wool and
slowly it is happening. The top middle
beanie was knitted from Powder puff wool that
I purchased from Spotlight. It is so lovely to
knit with. The dark beanie is the same
colour as the little jumper shown above.

Now after saying I am trying to reduce my wool
stash, I have to confess....I went to
the craft shop today and purchased some
black 8 ply wool to knit myself a
cardigan!! ooops!

The weekend is just around the corner, I hope
you all enjoy it. Chat
with you soon. Kind regards, Anita.

3 comments:

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Thank you Anita for your kind remarks! I so wish I could knit! I learned from a neighbor "mom" when I was about nine yrs. old, but alas, I've forgotten how. Actually, I do love to rug hook in the primitive method - (not latch hooking)- don't know if you're familiar with it in Australia, but it's simple. One of my goals is to learn to knit and crochet!

I just can't get my head round that it is winter in Australia now. We are smack dab in the throes of a hot, humid summer--but I love it! Have a great day!

em's scrapbag said...

What a great way to reduce your stash. I'm sure they will be appreciated.

Micki said...

Love your sweater and the beanies. You enjoy your weekend too!
Micki

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...