Sunday, September 30, 2018


We cannot have a perfect life without friends
Noi non potemo avere perfetta vita senza amici
-Dante
🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌳🌳🌳🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
Good morning my lovely friends! Holiday time has been wonderful so far ; a time to catch up with friends for coffee and chatting....and teasing our young Italian friends overseas. Elisa and Federica came to experience life in an Australian school and community....they found us. My bunch of friends offered both of the girls a taste of our famous 'Vegemite' and 'Peanut paste'. 

I will never forget how the girls sat there together like little field mice 🐭🐭as they nibbled each piece of bread with the top different toppings. The Peanut paste went down well but the vegemite....' it tastes like petrol'. It was hilarious!!!! 🐞The girls have both returned to Italy (without a jar of Vegemite) and every now and then, the girls and I have a 'family' photo taken with a jar of Vegemite.


I'm the innocent one holding the jar.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†


Well my week was a bit of a 'hit and miss' week as far as making things went. I started to crochet this groovy little shawl for a girl size in some pretty coloured yarn I had. Only trouble was....I ran out of yarn! I thought I had purchased two balls of this yarn, so rather than pull it out, I thought I would share the pattern with you because it is an easy pattern. I will just keep checking in my yarn stash in case I find the other ball.



Click here for free pattern.
Another beautiful baby cardigan I made and finished (except for stitching on button), is this cute and free pattern. It is called the Tea Party cardigan and the size ranges depending on the ply of yarn you use. I chose a thin ply to make it for a baby. It's an easy but effective pattern. I kept the sleeves shorter for my version.
Click here for free pattern.πŸ’–




A lovely walk around my garden, looking at all the green, white and red...the flowers are blooming. It's a nice place to stroll.


 This week I also found a sweet crochet pattern and decided to try the stitch. I believe I am getting rather good at the crochet. Here I have made a start on a table runner that will live on my antique tea trolley. If you would like to try the crochet stitch, click here for the free pattern.πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹

πŸ’My bella Zia (Aunt) Pina and cugino (Cousin) Davide.πŸ’˜


I had also been working on a very long banner for our clubroom at the Ag. Society. This will be a wall hanging and it is very long. I have managed to deplete my fabric stash even more and this makes me very happy!!!


A new addition to my kitchen: I had to wait a very long time for its arrival but well worth waiting for. La cucina = the kitchen.πŸ’«


Well beautiful people, now I have to go and do a little bit of work around the house. I have one precious week left of holidays, so it would be lovely to be on top of the house cleaning before I return to work. We have a few clouds in the sky but I can feel the warmth of the sun, so perhaps my washing will be dried, folded and done today. I wish, as always, that your day is a beautiful one.
Ciao, Anita.🌻🌻



3 comments:

Mereknits said...

You are beautiful Anita, you make me smile every week. Be well my friend.

Kim said...

Yay it's holidays!! Isn't it funny how us Aussies love Vegemite and the rest of the world hate it. Love your pretty little knits. Enjoy your holidays.....Enjoy your garden, lovely Anita.

Karen S said...

Make the most of that last week!! It always goes far too quickly.
Gorgeous little knit cardigan. And we all have those balls of wool that hide away on us. Hope you find yours for the shawl.
Your garden is looking lovely. Hope it isn't getting too hot.
It is fun to tease overseas guests with Vegemite. It really is an acquired taste.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...