Sunday, September 23, 2018


Welcome Spring!
Good morning beautiful people!! As I lay in bed this morning I could hear the orchestra of birds madly singing and calling out all over the neighbourhood. 
I realized it had been going on for well over an hour! I had slept with my bedroom window open for the first time this season and how wonderful the music was. By the time I collected myself, grabbed the camera to record, I am sure the birds had started to quieten down. Here is a short video of the music.....🎢🎡
 




Today I will be doing some sewing. I will be making something I have wanted a stretch of time to sit down and really get into. For a long time I have wanted to make a banner for our room at the Ag Society and recently I found a heap of bright yellow fabric that would be a good choice to make the lettering. I will show and tell when it is finished.
 These pretty ponchos are my latest projects...to almost be completed. πŸ˜„ I still need to add some pom poms or accessories to the ends of the ties. And I found an interesting idea to use the scraps of yarn that I cut off....
 I found on Pinterest a wonderful idea to safely help birds find equipment to make their nests. Tiny pieces of cut up yarn. They say to have it no longer than 3 inches but I cut them up into 1 inch lengths to be safe. I would hate the birds to choke or get stuck with the yarn. I will watch with anticipation to see how successful this is. If you look on Pinterest yourself you will find other ideas. I'm pretty sure I typed in 'make yarn holders for birds' and the ideas started coming.
 Here is my beautiful tea cosy that won first prize at this year's show. I found this idea on Pinterest as well, but I have to be honest...I did not buy the pattern I just made the flowers, balls, leaves out of my head! lol. I used the photo they had provided to place the pieces over the cosy.

Oh yes, Milo is guarding and inspecting the yard with me. He has been all sad because my husband is away for the long weekend and Milo misses him very much.

I wanted to share with you this door hanger, given to me by one of my friends. You can see how much they hold me in high regard....oh...and what they think of me. This should've really been for Heather the feather.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I'm sure I must've posted about this little bright top but I don't think the photo was that great when I did. So here it is....a bright. gorgeous spring time top for a girl aged about 5 - 6 years old. I loved making this top and I am getting really good at crocheting. I think it is a craft that will stay with me now.πŸ’›πŸ’›

Now....that's all from me, it's time to go and tackle the world, and the dishes, the washing and the sewing machine. I wish you a blessed day and may the sun be shining bright for you.

Ciao, Anita.


3 comments:

Kim said...

It must be a Spring thing....the orchestra of birds are playing a merry tune here, too. So many pretties in this post. I think my favourite is that gorgeous little girls pretty. Oh, how colourful and sweet it is. I must say, your crocheting skills are amazing, Anita. Fabulous idea re the scraps of wool for the birds; such a clever idea.

JoJo said...

I read that you aren't supposed to leave the yarn or thread scraps for birds. This is what I found: "A recent trend of setting out pieces of yarn or ribbon for them to use in nest building is one of the last things you should do. Veterinarian Beth Hill of the Upper Missouri Breaks Audubon Society, pointed out that yarn and other synthetic fibers are detrimental to the birds. “It doesn’t break down,” she said. “They get their feet wound up in it.” This results in birds being trapped in their nests, or hung from them. She said baling twine and fishing line are equally problematic since they are prevalent in our landscape throughout the year."

Love that pretty sweater! And how lucky are you to have wild exotic birds!

Karen S said...

Hi Anita. Time for me to catch up on your post.
I love the idea of the birdsong being a wake up alarm. We are getting it here, too, and i do enjoy it.
I think your idea for a sign for the ag society is great. The yellow will rally stand out.
Love seeing your beautiful crocheting. You have taken to it like a duck to water. keep it up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...