Sunday, September 16, 2018



🌹Buongiorno a tutti - Good morning everyone!🌹

How are you all this morning? I had a nice little sleep in this morning after staying up most of the night knitting like a wild woman! 😁😁 I had the fire going, coffee and peace and quiet, so I went for it. As the season is changing I can rest up now from making knitted or crocheted orders and the show is over. This is the time of the year when I can actually make something for me or knit something I want to.

I wanted to give this baby cardigan a try and I wasn't too sure how it would turn out. I have to say that I enjoyed knitting it, I love the colour and it sits nicely too. It is a plain pattern but very effective. 
This cardigan is made from the neck down, no stitching up seams, you only have to sew in six threads and as you all  know.....that is a blessing for me💙 The cardigan is also knitted in 8 ply and this makes it knit up very fast. I made the pink cardigan in one day and here is the next one....
 If you would like to try this pattern click here. You will have to scroll down to find the size you need and I will just say they are sized for premature babies, so I did the Large Premature baby size.

Another knitting pattern I wanted to try is this woolly hat and booties set. I have to be honest now....I'm not too taken with the colour I have knitted it in but I have had requests for the green tones in baby booties so....

I loved the rows of purl and then knit. The booties look like they're a crazy shape but when you put them on babies feet....amazing!🐥🍼 


This pink bag was a show entry and she came second (to a beautiful applique bag). I had some fabric left over so I thought as we are ridding ourselves of plastic bags at the supermarkets, I would make bags.
 It even has a pocket inside for keys and strengthened with pink buttons. 🦋
I also made a recycled girls bag as an entry at the show. I used two pockets from a pair of jeans and added bright fabric and accessories.
 The multi coloured ric-rac is from my evil friend

                                  Heather the feather
                    Don't worry......she loves it when I'm mean to her 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And my love for crocheting grows....I had a try at this little woolly hat pattern. I like the stitch but I don't like the hat! I know....crazy it sounds. I think I would try this again with different yarn, maybe then it will look nicer and I might like it. In this photo the flower looks way too big but it is because the hat sunk in this photo, so it is much bigger than it looks here.
  Well my loves....I am out of here to face the world. I want to get the house work done so I can go into my sewing shed and continue to sort out my yarn boxes. Heather the feather gave me inspiration the other day and said she'd organized her yarns into ply lots. That is such a great idea and I started to do the same thing.

Later I want to do some weeding in the garden, so I know I will love that. The garden is where I do most of my thinking....about how the garden is growing, about my friends and about new ideas. Have a beautiful weekend.
Ciao, Anita. 




5 comments:

Kim said...

Those cardies are lovely aren't they. I love patterns that knit from the neck down....no messy seams. I love that colour green....don't you like it...really?? As always there is lots of fun stitching and and all things woollying going on at your place. Have a beautiful Sunday, lovely Anita.

Karen S said...

You have some interesting show and tell today.
Love the idea of a cardigan knitted with no seams and little stitching required. Great colours you have chosen.
Great idea with the shopping bags. We are going to need a lot of them.
Good luck sorting out all your yarn. That is a big job!!
Glad you had a sleep in, too.

Mereknits said...

Lovely makes Anita. Good luck with the organizing and have a great week.

JoJo said...

I loooove the bags! Congrats on the 2nd place win!

tesselleelle said...

Tutto bellissimo Anita, sei davvero brava!!! beata te che stai lavorando vicino al fuoco, qui fa ancora un caldo bestiale, buon lavoro e buon giardinaggio.
Ti abbraccio forte,
Laura

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...