Sunday, October 22, 2017


Sometimes you have to forget what you want
to remember what you deserve.
💙💚💛💜💗💙💚💛💜💗
Well hello my friends! I am back at work and the wonderful children at school were very happy to see me again. I was warmly welcomed back by my workmates and I loved that feeling of being wanted. Lol There is something special about the comments kids say to you about why they missed you and the hundreds of questions they asked about my break. 

Last weekend I attended a workshop at the gym that was all about Natural movement. All those movements you see children do with ease and the movements we used to do as children while playing. We were taught how to get up properly; jump, balance and walk along beams; lift objects; and....swing on monkey bars!!! Our instructor, Kosta (big beefy guy, dressed in all black) taught us so many techniques that morning and I'm so glad I went. You can check out Natural movement on Youtube if you're curious.
 
Here we are at the monkey bars and of all the activities we were going to do, it was here that I wondered if at almost 56 years of age could I still do this.  My friends.....yes I can. We were shown step by step, first hang, then swing slightly, light one hand off the bar and then if you felt confident swing. While all these steps were slowly being taught, familiarity kicks in and away I went. I'm sure I looked like a mad monkey!!! lol It's all in the mind. Tell yourself you can do it.
 I didn't only swing around this week, I also have continued on with my crochet work. This is a cushion I have been commissioned to make. I am almost on the homeward run on this one. I'm at the stage of stitching it up and then making a cushion insert for it.

 One of my friends asked me to make a pouch for her guinea pigs to run into, so I used a piece of pvc pipe to hold the entrance open and then crocheted a sack for the little critters to hide in.
 And still adding to my crochet blanket...more little circles of colour. The idea to make this came to me because I am always on the look out for a cute pattern to use up small lengths of yarn that i can't possibly throw out. I don't think I will ever be able to just throw these bits of yarn out because I certainly haven't improved any over the years. lol.

 The circles will actually turn into squares and they will be bordered in white yarn. I purchased the yarn yesterday.
 Now I know the saying goes the diamonds are a girls best friend...but to me.....this stand, kindly made by my husband means more to me than diamonds. I will be able to get into my sewing room without almost endangering my own life. lol Hubby will be making 2 more of these for me. All the plastic containers will now be stacked on the shelves and I can move them around as they are on wheels. Thanks Pix!!!....I might not pick on you today.😭😭😭


 We heard a strange noise yesterday coming down the hill along side us, lots of sirens and funny car horn noises and then we see it. One of the local groups are raising money for charity. How wonderful they are.



A walk through my garden

I’m happy my two urns are now full of beautiful colour. I don’t know what these plants are called, just that they are a type of succulent.





With love, I watch my beautiful bougainvillea grow strong. They are both now about 6 foot high.
Now good people, I'm off to start doing things. I missed blogging last weekend, so this time my post is long but a catch up was needed. We are in for a hot day today, though our morning was greeted by Mother Nature with a quick thunderstorm.
A good Sunday to you.


Ciao, Anita.

9 comments:

Kim said...

I need to learn just how to move!! =) Looks like fun at your gym, Anita. Love the green of your crochet cushion cover and Love your crochet circles with a capital "L"! How pretty they all look squished all together. How lovely to have such a wonderful welcome at your school. Hope you are enjoying a fabulous weekend, lovely lady.

Maria said...

You are a clever girl ,swinging on a monkey bar...
Great colours for the cushion and what a fabulous hiding pace you created for the guinea pigs..
Hubby was sew good making the movable shelves for you..
Nice pics of your garden ...

Jane said...

I could never do the monkey bars, even as a child, lol. Those shelves are perfect for organising your shed, it's such a pain having to go through stacks of boxes and tubs to find things

tesselleelle said...

Complimenti Anita, fiori stupendi!
Un abbraccio,
Laura

Mereknits said...

Well done getting so much accomplished while dealing with your sisters death. I am sending you a big hug Anita, sisters are so special. Diamonds are a girls best friend but can I say I would rather have yarn instead?

Karen S said...

Lots of fun at the gym. Looks like a great idea.
Good to see the lovely cushion nearly finished and I think the idea of something for the guinea pig to run into is great. Very smart to use the PVC pipe for the opening.
Now those shelves will make a huge difference to your shed. You won't know yourself.
Love seeing the cars doing their rally and fund raising.
Your garden is loving the weather conditions and is looking goof.
Glad your start back at work has gone so well.

webbsway said...

I see one of my favorite gals has been up to more mischief. I love the little guinea pig hideaway! That is precious.
I can easily understand how you were missed at school.
So glad to see that you are still "Moving"! Each day it just gets more important. "Use it or lose it is so true."
Your flowers are beautiful. I am jealous once again - you have flowers and I am looking at cold weather coming my way. Bummer! ~smile

JoJo said...

I couldn't do the monkey bars as a kid. I could hang from one bar with both hands but I couldn't let go and grab the next one. I pretty much stuck to the see saw and swings.

Julie said...

Love all your little circles you are crocheting Anita. Gosh your Urns are looking amazing. Thats great that hubby was able to make the stands for you ... those plastic containers are perfect for holding our craft supplies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...