Monday, May 22, 2017


When I count my blessings, 
I count you twice.

Hello dear friends! I hope your weekend was lovely…I had a beautiful weekend. On Sunday I joined my youngest son and his lovely girlfriend to Circ du soleil and it is a show I will cherish. At times I could not look as I was worried there would be a fall, but I did not need to worry. I give credit to the performers, they must train for hours and hours.

Over the last week I have had a crochet hook in my hand working like a crazy girl. I have made cute little baby booties and beanies in pink. We had run low on the pink tones for babies, so I tried to restock.

A regular habit I have is thinking about the dear friends I have surrounded myself with and how important they are in my life. During the week I received a lovely surprise from my friend Jane.
Jane knows how I breath, read, love and feel “Italian”, and made me these beautiful gifts. A delicate blue flower embroidered on fine material and a tea towel with a piece of Italian fabric appliqued onto the tea towel. Embroidered on the tea towel are beautiful words. Jane has a new machine that she is enjoying and she shares her enjoyment by making things for people. A big thank you Jane!!!!
I have been commissioned to make Yoda beanies and here they are….. I have made one to fit an adult or older child and a small one for little heads. There are loads of free patterns on the net…if you are interested.
 A sleeping sack for baby…..this was made using 8 ply yarn and I’m very happy with how this has turned out.
 Young Heather the feather has unloaded some material on me. She forced me to take it!!!! She has been naughty lately. lol
The only photo I have of my Mother(older child), Zia Pina (little girl with dark hair), my Grandfather and his wife (my Mum’s step mother). I cherish this photo and often wonder what my life would’ve been like had I been born in Italy and with them. On the back of the photo is written Pieve di Livinallongo 1937. I have my happy life and I love it but thoughts do come across to me from time to time.

Now…what will I get up to this week? My plans are to keep crocheting a baby blanket for a little boy and before tonight comes, I will have a pattern selected for my next project. There is always bedlam if I haven’t found a pattern before night time…..my husband hides or sits quietly in a corner and shakes. Lol. I start stalking the house like a Tasmanian devil!!!....until I find a pattern anyway. Lol

I wish you all a fabulous week ahead, enjoy your beautiful life and stay happy. 
A lovely day to you  


Ciao, Anita.

12 comments:

Maria said...

Pleased you enjoyed going to the special circus with your son and girlfriend. I have seen many of their shows and they are amazing...
Lots of lovely crocheting and the Yoda hats are sew cute....
Gorgeous fabric, good on Heather getting you to buy it....
Great photo of your Mum, I can see the likeness. Now I see why you love Italy sew much...
Hope you found a pattern you like !!!!!!

Have a great week.....

Karen S said...

Beautiful works in pink and I do like the Yoda hats and the sleeping sack. Great work. That is a lovely family photo and definitely one to treasure.
Hope you found your pattern. Have a great week.

webbsway said...

You Always put such a big smile on my face with all of the beauty you create. That Heather the Feather just keeps on getting you in so much trouble.Bless her lovely heart! lol

Jane said...

the yoda beanies are brilliant. Have a good week

Verbena said...

I sent you an email. Ciao

JoJo said...

That is a great score of free fabric! Can't wait to see what you make with them. And I love the Yoda beanie too. So your mom & dad lived in Australia when you were born? I always assumed you were from Italy!

Kim said...

A Tasmanian Devil, hey. =) Yoda hats.....who would've thought. How cool are they. Pretty in pink crochet pretties. I can see you in Italy misbehaving yourself. Lovely photo of your family. Your pattern searching sounds like me. Have a lovely week, lovely Anita.

Julie said...

Love your new creations Anita - am sure those Yoda beanies will be a hit. Your new fabrics from Heather look rather gorgeous - look forward to seeing what you create with those. Have a super week xx

Mereknits said...

Hi Anita, I have missed you! I long to go to Italy and just walk the stone streets and absorb the beautiful atmosphere. I could live there I just know it. hugs to you. M

Fiona said...

your blog posts are always fun... love those yoda hats! It is thought provoking when you think of decisions our ancestors made and we have made as to how our lives might have been... I would love to visit Italy one day...

Hugz

Reyes ♥El telar de mi abuela♥ said...

MARAVILLOSO ESTE POST.
Un abrazo inmenso desde Tenerife

Sok Sareth said...

The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog, I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density, which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.

ตารางคะแนนบุนเดสลีกา

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...