Sunday, May 28, 2017

Booties and cupcakes xx

As we grow older we don't lose friends...
we learn who the real ones are.
Good morning girls! As our season here is becoming colder and colder, I'm finding that snuggling near the fire doing my crocheting, sipping on wonderfully hot cups of coffee is like a warm injection to the soul. My little loungeroom looks like Suzie's laundry shop, with clothes hanging from coat hangers, on clothes airer's and from the mantle. lol. I really object to the price of electricity and the fact that the price of electricity is about the rise again. I will leave my dryer for when I absolutely need it, not that I use it too much any way.

This week my constant companion has been the crochet hook and creations coming off it. I have concentrated mainly on baby booties and beanie sets, due to the fact that our stock has almost dried up in the girl colours. In my area there have been many girl babies born, so perhaps there has been something in the water? lol
How you you like these little beauties?....💟


 Image result for clipart yarn

 I couldn't forget the boys though. I also made this cute little boy beanie to fit a 1 year old. This yarn was made using a tweed 8 ply.

With the onset of winter I'm finding myself getting stuck into the baking again. I decided to make some yummy cupcakes for the family. I must confess....I did have one.

 I am on a food plan right now as I was finding it difficult to lose a few kilograms that wouldn't leave me. I am not on a diet but the foods I am eating are slightly adjusted ie instead of icecream I have a plain yoghurt with a dash of honey or fruit. The timing of when I eat has been adjusted and I think that has been the main part of the success to losing those kilos. 
 Image result for clipart flowers in vase
A sneak peak at the next order I am making....who's legs could these be? Try guessing, you will find out next weekend. 

 Last year I purchased two bougainvillea plants from Anne and Harry. My plan was to have them growing on one single stem until it got tall enough and then let the flowers spray out at a certain height. I had seen this throughout Italy and especially in Positano and it looked amazing. I'm getting pretty excited at how much it has grown. Both of the plants are growing well.
 Of course, I cannot go anywhere in the yard without my companion Milo. What is he thinking right now I wonder? Perhaps he is trying to be the next Lion of Venice?
Well my friends, enjoy the rest of this day. I hope your visit here has been lovely for you as it is always wonderful for me to hear from you. I appreciate your comments and I love receiving your emails.
Ciao, Anita.
Image result for clipart love symbols

6 comments:

Kim said...

Sitting in front of the fire enjoying a little knitting, or in my case a little quilting is indeed food for the soul. LOVE those booties, especially the first colourful pretties! Your Bougainvilleas will be a wonderful sight come Summer. Your Milo is a sweet fellow. He does look deep in concentration. I wonder what it could be. I do hope it isn't a spot of gardening. =) Have a lovely week, lovely Anita.

Maria said...

You've crocheted lots of lovely warm sets ..I look forward to seeing what the new project is ??
Lucky you getting the bougainvillea to grow nicely, I've never had any luck with them...
Hmmm! Hope Milo isn't getting into mischief there!!

JoJo said...

Sounds like you are having a very snug and cozy fall. Milo's so cute, he makes a great assistant.

Mereknits said...

I am dreaming of a bit of cooler weather and it's only May! Love all you have made Anita. Have a wonderful week.

webbsway said...

Love your new projects-they are so cute. I completed a pair of booties today and for the first time in my life I am happy with them- lol-also made a bib to go with them.

Your Milo is so very handsome. He and your beautiful flower go very well together-both beauties-err- maybe he is suppose to be so handsome-don't tell him I goofed. ~smile~

Karen S said...

Beautiful work with all your creations. they are delightful.
I think I am like you in that I will not use the dryer until I absolutely have to. Thankfully our solar panels supplement the cost of electricity, but I still will not waste it.
We, too, have been extra cold. It is taking a bit of getting used to.
Lovely to see your plants doing well.
Stay warm!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...